Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Loveland, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by the brand-new Loveland SpC yesterday in my brand-new 90D. I was momentarily excited to think I might have been the first to charge there when I read the electric meter (00003 kWh) but the display never changed. The 10th stall is a pull-in but not a pull-through; anyone who pulls in to charge with a trailer attached risks blocking several other stalls.

No fencing around the cabinets is a pretty cool feature, though I wonder if that is temporary.

20161230-IMG_4524.jpg

20161230-IMG_4508.jpg

20161230-IMG_4521.jpg

Stereo-X pair for cross-eyed viewing:

20161230-IMG_4536-4538_StereoLRL_Logo.jpg

Stopped by the brand-new Loveland SpC yesterday in my brand-new 90D. I was momentarily excited to think I might have been the first to charge there when I read the electric meter (00003 kWh) but the display never changed. The 10th stall is a pull-in but not a pull-through; anyone who pulls in to charge with a trailer attached risks blocking several other stalls.

No fencing around the cabinets is a pretty cool feature, though I wonder if that is temporary.

Yeah, that meter has a multiplier of 192. So probably 500 or so kw has passed though.

Great turnout today for the Loveland, Colorado Supercharger ribbon cutting. We had 9 of 10 stalls filled with 2 MXs and 7 MSs!
This is a very nice site. Close to the main entrance of the Embassy Suites which has a coffee shop and great restaurant inside.
It turned out to be an exciting day for Northern Colorado. Some of our group had stopped by the Brush, CO Supercharger site on their way to Loveland. Brush went online this morning.
Many thanks to the Colorado Springs EV Club for getting the word out on such short notice.

IMG_20161231_122107711.jpg
IMG_20161231_121008019.jpg

I had my Model X delivered on the 31st back in Wyoming, Just now trying out this Loveland Supercharger. 70miles of range and I'm only getting 77kW was at 49kW for the first 10min of charge. 28F so It's not that cold. I've charged at faster rates in colder weather at other chargers is this one limited?

I had my Model X delivered on the 31st back in Wyoming, Just now trying out this Loveland Supercharger. 70miles of range and I'm only getting 77kW was at 49kW for the first 10min of charge. 28F so It's not that cold. I've charged at faster rates in colder weather at other chargers is this one limited?

How warm was your battery? If you had not driven far or have range mode on, your battery will have to warm up before it will charge at higher rate (even when it's "not that cold"). Perhaps by the time it warmed up, you were beginning to taper?

Also, you should try moving to a different pair of chargers when that happens. It could be that there is a problem that needs to be reported. There is a Supercharger that I have been to twice, and the first time, I thought the rate was a little slow (much like you describe). The next time I went there, it was slow again. I thought back and realized that, even though the facility was completely empty both times, I had pulled into the SAME stall! Move to a different pair and it worked fine.