Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pulled up and 3 of the spots were ICEd....by motorcycles. The owners were all standing next to their bikes relaxing in the shade and came up to ask questions about the car. They said they never thought in a million years they'd see a Tesla pull up which is why they parked there. Kind of funny it's at a gas station. Nice people. Talked about the car and company for about 10 minutes.

Last edited:
Pulled up at 3 of the spots were ICEd....by motorcycles. The owners were all standing next to their bikes relaxing in the shade and came up to ask questions about the car. They said they never thought in a million years they'd see a Tesla pull up which is why they parked there. Kind of funny it's at a gas station. Nice people. Talked about the car and company for about 10 minutes.

DSM, you should have gone onto PlugShare and shown them the picture that I took at Lovelock back in May. All four stalls were in use. It was coincidental that I arrived as the three other drivers were traveling caravan style to South Dakota for the annual Custer Tesla Rally. :-D

DSM, you should have gone onto PlugShare and shown them the picture that I took at Lovelock back in May. All four stalls were in use. It was coincidental that I arrived as the three other drivers were traveling caravan style to South Dakota for the annual Custer Tesla Rally. :-D

Hadn't heard of the Custer Tesla Rally. Will check it you. Thanks!

Chargers 1A and 1B are having problems, probably overheating. We couldn’t get 1A to start a charging session. The MX at 2A had intermittent problems trying both. We tried 1B and got a max of 63kW which quickly went down to <20. 2B was ok after it opened up but dropped to <60 for a while, then recovered. Expect lines and/or longer charging times.

Was driving back to Utah and stopped for some electrons. As I walked over to the McDonald’s across the way I saw this giant parked right on the street. Cool to see one in person. I actually saw another one earlier in the day near Fernley but it was heading west and I only caught a glimpse.
IMG_3943.jpeg

IMG_3944.jpeg
IMG_3948.jpeg

Was packed this weekend during the solar eclipse event. I had to take a slight detour and travel carefully to Fernley for a charge, and was glad I spent some time getting extra charge while in Winnemucca the night before and not use heater in the morning drive, as it was also full after the solar eclipse. I'm not sure how often Lovelock charger is full, and gas stations even get full during rush hour or busy events, but makes me nervous about long distance travels sometimes.