Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lowell, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little birdie whispered in my ear today ... Forrest City is imminent. Waiting on a part to start construction. The rest of the parts hiding in a warehouse oh just about 55 miles to the East ....

That implies they already have a permit...

If so, can someone in AR find the permit and post that information here or start a new thread for that location.

The current stretch of 159 miles from Memphis to Little Rock is problematic for Tesla's with smaller batteries, especially in the winter.

Good news as it appears AR is getting some love from Tesla, so perhaps Clarksville is next?

Stopped by the Workman's Travel Center after work today to check out the new Supercharger in Lowell.

Worked great!

This has changed my life! My landlord who drives a Chevy Volt let me charge my Model 3 every night at his office which is next door to the house I'm renting. Its a standard EV charger and very slow: 5 mph. So happy we have Supercharging in NWA now!!!

Reactions: PStewart
Can confirm stall 1A at the Lowell supercharger is online and is v3 -- saw peak power of about 230kw at 1:45am in my '18 RWD LR M3. This thing charges quick

Attachments

• IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 99
No, with a proper L2 charging station, a Volt will draw 15A, so even though it might only be a 15A charging station, that should still equate to about 15 mph in the Tesla. 5mph definitely implies L1 (or 120V) charging (although I only usually get 4mph at 120V).

Right, I'm just saying that an L1 setup is likely common for Volt owners. Even an L1 can charge the whole battery overnight, so I bet most owners have no need to go to the expense of a better setup.

Right, I'm just saying that an L1 setup is likely common for Volt owners. Even an L1 can charge the whole battery overnight, so I bet most owners have no need to go to the expense of a better setup.
Then it's not a "standard EV charger" as the original poster stated. It's just the portable EVSE that came with the car plugged into an outlet (in which case, why not just plug the Tesla UMC into the outlet--although if he's getting 5mph, then he's doing well enough I suppose).

Lowell supercharger likely a result of the exploding population of NW AR which is over 700,000 at this point, and growing. Many Walmart suppliers have moved into Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, and Fayetteville.

Going East from Tulsa, go directly to Fayetteville (it’s not on I-40), then North on I-49 to Lowell SC.
Then, going on to Little Rock is 203 mi.,and the elevation working generally in your favor. Careful speed control will get you to Little Rock AR SC.

As has been stated, going West from Little Rock w/ 250 mi range is dicey at best, because of the elevation into the Ozarks.

There is an Electrify America station at Walmart in Clarksville, AR for those Tesla owners who have a CHAdeMO adapter.

Going West from Little Rock, stop at Ozark AR, Workman's Travel Center with a NEMA 14-30, portable EVSE. Spend 2-3 hours, 50-75 miles, and you should have enough charge for the climb to reach Lowell. Longer is better and consider taking a nap in the car.

Bob Wilson

Lowell supercharger likely a result of the exploding population of NW AR which is over 700,000 at this point, and growing. Many Walmart suppliers have moved into Bentonville, Rogers, Springdale, and Fayetteville.

Going East from Tulsa, go directly to Fayetteville (it’s not on I-40), then North on I-49 to Lowell SC.
Then, going on to Little Rock is 203 mi.,and the elevation working generally in your favor. Careful speed control will get you to Little Rock AR SC.

As has been stated, going West from Little Rock w/ 250 mi range is dicey at best, because of the elevation into the Ozarks.

There is an Electrify America station at Walmart in Clarksville, AR for those Tesla owners who have a CHAdeMO adapter.
This. Just did this last week. I didn't quite believe the trip planner when it told me I need x+y miles worth of charge when Lowell was only x miles from the LR SuC, and almost didn't make it as I didn't do what it directed. I did stop at the Clarksville Walmart on my way back. I made a scene - bunch of kids and adults walked up stating they had never seen Tesla before.