Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lowell, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IllTake1 - Thanks for posting this and for clarifying the V3 hardware. Exciting stuff!

In case you didn't already know, there's a new active Tesla Club in Northwest Arkansas, here:
I am a HUGE fan of Tesla's and the company but unfortunately I do not have one yet. My wife and I agree that we need to buy a house first (which will be soon we hope). Then comes the car and the solar roof. But on that note, we would love to be a member of the club but I would think that owning a Tesla car would be part of the qualifications. Lol

I'd prefer a SuperCharger in Alma versus Ft. Smith. A Fort Smith station (if it's in town) is inconvienient from the interstate. And even a Van Buren location on I-40 is out of the way for travel between NW Arkansas (home of Univ. of Arkansas, Wal-Mart, Tyson, Hunt Trucking, and Crystal Bridges) and Little Rock (Capital city). Most traffic heading south on I-49 from NWA heads east on I-40. If you're wanting to go to OKC from NWA, you're going to take Hwy 412 towards Tulsa. Even if you were headed west from the I-49/I-40 interchange, Alma would only be a 2 mile detour vs a 10 mile detour for most traffic headed east.

I sent Tesla a message to let them know that this location was not showing on the Tesla map and this is the message that I just received.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Support with your request to have the new site in Lowell added to the map. We do provide our site locations to the map providers as we near the dates of them opening. Once we have provided the information, it is up to them to update it but we should see that site showing up in the near future. As it is a new site, I am sure that is why it is not yet showing but should be soon.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,

Tom B. | Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd. Draper, UT 84020

I sent Tesla a message to let them know that this location was not showing on the Tesla map and this is the message that I just received.

Hello Tony,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Support with your request to have the new site in Lowell added to the map. We do provide our site locations to the map providers as we near the dates of them opening. Once we have provided the information, it is up to them to update it but we should see that site showing up in the near future. As it is a new site, I am sure that is why it is not yet showing but should be soon.

Thank you for being a Tesla owner and helping to transition the world to sustainable energy.

Sincerely,

Tom B. | Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd. Draper, UT 84020
Tesla doesn't add them to the map until construction is complete and they are ready to be used. Often, they don't add them to the map until they have often been operational for several days or weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: DurandalAI and IdaX
Update for the site. Looks like they finished the charging stations themselves and got two of the cabinets installed. There appears to be spots for two more cabinets that aren't there yet plus a power meter not yet installed.
IMG_4358.jpeg
IMG_4359.jpeg

Yes! I had to backup uncomfortably close to the bay to be close enough for the cable. They’re that short. Maybe they’ll reconsider the length. Plugged the cable into the car, but the indicator light just flashed blue slowly. Also was only able to access the bays from one side. The other was gated off. Honestly, I was just antsy to test a V3 charger assuming that’s what they are.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Miles - (unless something has changed which I highly doubt) they are all and always have been the same length. Every SuC anywhere - it is a standardized design. I typically back up until my car tells me I am less than 20" from the station. You been to any other Supercharger?

Thank you for your posts - I am excited about the ability to travel west of Little Rock!

Anxiously awaiting the confirmation that this is open. I have a trip to Fayetteville in the coming weeks, and this will make my charge planning so much easier than what I have done in the past.

Some of us tend to drive by and check every couple of days for you. We're all kind of excited about having this Supercharger in our backyard.

it was not turned on yet when i was there 30 minutes ago. I will check back later today.

Got antsy this morning too. Was already there before I read it wasn’t active yet. Hope it goes live today; will try to stop back again later today.

Was thinking should prob buy something from Workman’s each visit to support their business and let them know we’re users. Would prob like to know how much net new business EVs are bringing them.