Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good catch. I've often thought Lubbock was a very logical location for a Supercharger. I hope it does come to fruition. *fingers crossed*

I agree! I know of several tesla owners with students going to TTU that don't bring their EV's bc of lack of supercharger in the Lubbock and surrounding area. I live in Lubbock and have Home charger with 100amp circuit so it will not effect me but would be nice for those traveling through. I'm going to add my home to "PlugShare" in the meantime to help out any traveling EV's.

I hope this does get installed. My in-laws live in Snyder, and when we visit, we often do a day trip to Lubbock to go to the mall, movies, etc. I looked at plugshare, and quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to take the S for that day trip, since there is almost zero public charging.

I hope this does get installed. My in-laws live in Snyder, and when we visit, we often do a day trip to Lubbock to go to the mall, movies, etc. I looked at plugshare, and quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to take the S for that day trip, since there is almost zero public charging.

Your welcome to use my home wall charger. It's 100amp circuit. It's no supercharger but decent. Message me if interested.

Matt

Yes, disappointing. Lubbock has a shortage of charging spots, particularly when you compare what is posted on Plugshare for Level 2 vs. Amarillo. Amarillo has many hotels with charging now, plus the new civic center garage is installing L2 chargers.

You'd think with a great university like Texas Tech there, EV infrastructure would be farther along. I travel to Lubbock regularly, and I had to ask our partner site in Lubbock to install 240v at their parking area because there were no other options.

I have been monitoring Lubbock for a supercharger building permit. Obviously nothing has posted. If I sight one, I will post it here.

Welcome to TMC, Rmk1.

No activity on the permit side of the equation in Lubbock yet. I expect to see the Wichita Falls SC finished first, but nothing there either.

There doesn't seem to be any rationale on the timing of superchargers. There are big holes in the long distance network, and the latest activity seems to be in places like downtown Boston, and Southlake near DFW.

Lubbock north of the Buddy Holly Center would seem like a bad idea. When they have events, thats the street they block off for the Food trucks. Just like they did two weeks ago for the car show.

If your talking on the North side of the new Buddy Holly performing arts center under construction, that might be a much better location.

18th street between Crickets and F.

18th Street between Crickets and F is circled in red. I checked with the Lubbock permit system and nothing filed yet.

Lubbock Cricket 18th.JPG