Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This location is really crucial for long trips to New Mexico from places like Austin. Really wish they'd get their act together!
For sure. Driving my LR AWD to Santa Fe this weekend from Austin, and I really wish I could take my usual ICE route through Lubbock and Clovis. ABRP routes me through Amarillo which adds some time to the trip. Not a huge deal but it would be great to get that area of Texas and New Mexico covered.

Just stumbled on this thread, as I was curious about the number of Tesla's in-town, and was a bit excited about seeing the supercharger "coming soon" to Lubbock. Alas, this thread has shown that Tesla is about as forward on movement as Urban Air appears to be. (originally set to open Fall 2017, still not even broken ground, and when I called 4 or 5 months ago, told 2021)

Personally, I'm glad the situation is at stands for us here in Lubbock, as we can leave town fairly easily, and have no problems getting back. For those wanting to come to Lubbock for a quick stop, definitely not as much fun. But, with a 3, at least it's far easier than with a Bolt! (which we find is quite fine for here in town as well, especially with DCFC opening up in Sweetwater finally)

Exactly. I’m a TTU alum in NE Texas with kids at TTU now. I would love to drive my Model S LR to ballgames, etc. No problem getting there now that Henrietta (Wichita Falls) is available. The problem will be getting enough charge to get back home.

Exactly. I’m a TTU alum in NE Texas with kids at TTU now. I would love to drive my Model S LR to ballgames, etc. No problem getting there now that Henrietta (Wichita Falls) is available. The problem will be getting enough charge to get back home.
Fellow Red Raider here..

What's the problem getting back? Are you wanting to leave after the game? That's almost a six hour drive to get back to Paris.

Limited destination charging options. The Overton is booked solid on football game weekends. New chargers at Holiday Inn, though. May try that out. I will need at least 220 miles of juice to get back to Henrietta. Coming down off the Cap Rock should help with range heading back east.

Made the trip to Lubbock from Paris TX in TMS LR this weekend. Charged to 100% in Henrietta then had 220 miles of headwind, elevation gain and intermittent rain. Made it with 14 miles to spare driving 55-60mph. Destination charger at The Overton worked fine (~ 30-34 MPH) and I topped off at a ChargePoint (free) at Best Buy before heading back east. The trip home was a breeze driving 65-70 and charging 40 minutes in Henrietta. It’s definitely easier coming back down hill with the prevailing winds.

A guy in a TM3 stopped at the Overton to get enough charge to get to Amarillo to Super Charge. He was on his way to Colorado. Lubbock needs a Super Charger.

Reactions: reddy and candersoh
I'll happily remove this thread if it's a dup, but I didn't see one already for this.

I was curious if there was any progress that anyone knew of on the SC proposed for Lubbock. Obviously, this is a key location for an I-20 to north NM / CO route, and has been showing Coming Soon for some time.