TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

Supercharger - Lubbock, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by timpierc, Dec 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. reddy

reddy Member

I've been checking the Lubbock permits at least weekly, and the Digg Tess reports for Lubbock, Clovis, and Clayton as well.

No hits on any of these so far.

• Informative x 1
  2. Common_Loon

Common_Loon Member

This location is really crucial for long trips to New Mexico from places like Austin. Really wish they'd get their act together!

3. jasondlr

jasondlr Member

For sure. Driving my LR AWD to Santa Fe this weekend from Austin, and I really wish I could take my usual ICE route through Lubbock and Clovis. ABRP routes me through Amarillo which adds some time to the trip. Not a huge deal but it would be great to get that area of Texas and New Mexico covered.

4. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Member

The LaQuinta in Lubbock has a Tesla charger, free if staying there. Helps going from Sweetwater to Amarillo.

5. jasondlr

jasondlr Member

We ended up staying the night in amarillo at a place that had a destination charger. Made the next easy to Santa Fe. Still it would be awesome to get a charger in lubbock and clovis.

6. nfoboy

nfoboy New Member

Just stumbled on this thread, as I was curious about the number of Tesla's in-town, and was a bit excited about seeing the supercharger "coming soon" to Lubbock. Alas, this thread has shown that Tesla is about as forward on movement as Urban Air appears to be. (originally set to open Fall 2017, still not even broken ground, and when I called 4 or 5 months ago, told 2021)

Personally, I'm glad the situation is at stands for us here in Lubbock, as we can leave town fairly easily, and have no problems getting back. For those wanting to come to Lubbock for a quick stop, definitely not as much fun. But, with a 3, at least it's far easier than with a Bolt! (which we find is quite fine for here in town as well, especially with DCFC opening up in Sweetwater finally)

7. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost New Member

Exactly. I’m a TTU alum in NE Texas with kids at TTU now. I would love to drive my Model S LR to ballgames, etc. No problem getting there now that Henrietta (Wichita Falls) is available. The problem will be getting enough charge to get back home.

8. timpierc

timpierc Member

Fellow Red Raider here..

What's the problem getting back? Are you wanting to leave after the game? That's almost a six hour drive to get back to Paris.

9. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost New Member

Limited destination charging options. The Overton is booked solid on football game weekends. New chargers at Holiday Inn, though. May try that out. I will need at least 220 miles of juice to get back to Henrietta. Coming down off the Cap Rock should help with range heading back east.

10. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost New Member

Made the trip to Lubbock from Paris TX in TMS LR this weekend. Charged to 100% in Henrietta then had 220 miles of headwind, elevation gain and intermittent rain. Made it with 14 miles to spare driving 55-60mph. Destination charger at The Overton worked fine (~ 30-34 MPH) and I topped off at a ChargePoint (free) at Best Buy before heading back east. The trip home was a breeze driving 65-70 and charging 40 minutes in Henrietta. It’s definitely easier coming back down hill with the prevailing winds.

A guy in a TM3 stopped at the Overton to get enough charge to get to Amarillo to Super Charge. He was on his way to Colorado. Lubbock needs a Super Charger.

• Like x 2
  11. WinterMute

WinterMute Member

I'll happily remove this thread if it's a dup, but I didn't see one already for this.

I was curious if there was any progress that anyone knew of on the SC proposed for Lubbock. Obviously, this is a key location for an I-20 to north NM / CO route, and has been showing Coming Soon for some time.

12. WinterMute

WinterMute Member

Also - could a mod tack on my missing ", TX" in the post title? Totally missed that in the obviously established protocol for thread naming.

13. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

Existing thread on the possibility of a future Supercharger in Lubbock: Lubbock Supercharger

It's in the general Texas section instead of the Texas Supercharger sub-section, so I assume you limited your search to only this sub-section and that's why you didn't find it.

14. bmah

bmah Moderator, Model S/X, California Forums

Moderator note: Merged two threads on this Supercharger location and got the result into the Texas Supercharger Locations sub-forum.

(I'm actually not sure if any moderator is specially designated for the Texas forums, so apologies for stepping on any toes.)

Bruce.

• Like x 5
  15. reddy

reddy Member

Checked again today, no permits and nothing in Digg Tess. FWIW I did find a possible design inquiry in Clayton, NM which I added to that thread.

• Like x 2
  16. HillCountryFun

Hey Reddy, can you check again? I’m hoping that since we’ve got a confirmed Permit for Clayton, NM we might also find something for Lubbock. Thanks!!

17. reddy

reddy Member

My thoughts exactly.

I did check early this morning, and no building permits there yet.

18. HillCountryFun

OK, maybe soon. Thanks for checking -

19. Hydrocarbon302

Any update for Lubbock?

• Like x 1
  20. reddy

reddy Member

No building permits issued and nothing in the TDLR database. Disappointing.

• Informative x 1