Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You would think Tesla could put one of the many planned for Austin in Lubbock instead. With the factory in austin, there will be a lot of need but I would think they should be slow chargers at the factory where people can charge over their shift.

You would think Tesla could put one of the many planned for Austin in Lubbock instead. With the factory in austin, there will be a lot of need but I would think they should be slow chargers at the factory where people can charge over their shift.
Probably because the population density in West Texas is much less then in East Texas along the I-35 corridor so it was not as high a priority. Lubbock is getting it though. Along with it being on the map with a more specific opening date of Q1 2022... there are several accounts of mobile tech's saying they have already been asked internally if any of them want to relocate and work out of the Lubbock Service center. There is enough evidence to say that Tesla does have plans moving now on a Lubbock presence. They just recently opened up a location to do Test and Demo drives there too. I asked my mobile tech last time I had one in Abilene about Lubbock and he said there was lots of internal chatter about the Lubbock location.

I think its coming and will be sooner then later now finally... Instead of some nebulous time in the future without any plans actually being made. The only other big gap I see missing after Lubbock is in the middle of Texas between Abilene, DFW and Austin. Having one in Brownwood and/or San Angelo would be good locations and facilitate routes through central Texas.

Probably because the population density in West Texas is much less then in East Texas along the I-35 corridor so it was not as high a priority. Lubbock is getting it though. Along with it being on the map with a more specific opening date of Q1 2022... there are several accounts of mobile tech's saying they have already been asked internally if any of them want to relocate and work out of the Lubbock Service center. There is enough evidence to say that Tesla does have plans moving now on a Lubbock presence. They just recently opened up a location to do Test and Demo drives there too. I asked my mobile tech last time I had one in Abilene about Lubbock and he said there was lots of internal chatter about the Lubbock location.

I think its coming and will be sooner then later now finally... Instead of some nebulous time in the future without any plans actually being made. The only other big gap I see missing after Lubbock is in the middle of Texas between Abilene, DFW and Austin. Having one in Brownwood and/or San Angelo would be good locations and facilitate routes through central Texas.
and *please* put one around Marfa... even if it's only a 4 stall mini urban charger whatever.... I would love to do Big Bend NP in my Tesla. Big Bend has to be one of the fewer NP with zero nearby Supercharging (defined as within 100 miles)

and *please* put one around Marfa... even if it's only a 4 stall mini urban charger whatever.... I would love to do Big Bend NP in my Tesla. Big Bend has to be one of the fewer NP with zero nearby Supercharging (defined as within 100 miles)
Amazing, isn't it? Tesla builds a factory in Texas, but you still can't buy a Tesla in Texas, and you cannot travel everywhere you want to go in Texas. I know Texas is big, but Tesla needs to give us more love!!

Amazing, isn't it? Tesla builds a factory in Texas, but you still can't buy a Tesla in Texas, and you cannot travel everywhere you want to go in Texas. I know Texas is big, but Tesla needs to give us more love!!
OT I know, but I love your sig. Thats exactly my experience. The only way I get to keep my Model 3 is to get my wife a Model Y. But we are waiting for the Austin built version.

WE'VE GOT OUR LOCATION!!!! Just just just filed on TDLR

Woot! I literally just saw this too. Usually check over my lunch break. Looks like it will be the service center location based on Google Maps and what I see around there. Not sure if they will be putting the supercharger at that site as well or somewhere else...

Reactions: blecchus_rex
WE'VE GOT OUR LOCATION!!!! Just just just filed on TDLR

The project page indicates:

Type of Work: Renovation/Alteration
Scope of Work:TENANT IMPROVEMENT TO INCLUDE NEW FINISHES, WALLS, FIXTURES, AND PAINT
Square Footage:18,720 ft 2

So this is probably for the service center (although could also be the supercharger if co-located).

Reactions: reddy and Talmen
Well, it's a location for a service center. Given they have the space, they might want to put a Supercharger there, but it's in the SW of Lubbock, so not good for US-84/US-87/I-27 travel.
Agree, it seems out of the way for a supercharger. Tesla has done better at picking locations lately, and this one doesn’t sound right.

It will be great for those of us in the Panhandle to have a service center in Lubbock. I’m sure I will be using it, and far far more convenient than Dallas or Ft Worth.

I live in Lubbock and have a 72A HPWC. Holler if you ever need to use. I’m also on PlugShare
Hey, my name is Jordan and I'm in a huge bind. I poorly planned my long distance trip and, since we always pass through Lubbock on our way to New Mexico, I didn't make certain there was a supercharger in town. I know this post I found is years old, but any chance the offer is still good? I'm hitting the Overton Hotel first, to see if I can get enough juice to reach the next super, but I'm panicked if it doesn't pan out.

Hey, my name is Jordan and I'm in a huge bind. I poorly planned my long distance trip and, since we always pass through Lubbock on our way to New Mexico, I didn't make certain there was a supercharger in town. I know this post I found is years old, but any chance the offer is still good? I'm hitting the Overton Hotel first, to see if I can get enough juice to reach the next super, but I'm panicked if it doesn't pan out.

I just sent you a private message with some suggestions around Lubbock.