Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been no permits or TDLR projects filed yet for a supercharger in Lubbock (as of 11/6/2021). The only permits that are existing are for the Service Center at 6626 82nd street. While the Service Center permits have been issued, I don't live locally so I don't know if they have actually started construction on it yet. I drove through Lubbock on my way to Levelland two weekends ago but didn't make it by see if they had started construction on the Service Center yet... I had meant to do that.

Last edited:
There have been no permits or TDLR projects filed yet for a supercharger in Lubbock (as of 11/6/2021). The only permits that are existing are for the Service Center at 6626 82nd street. While the Service Center permits have been issued, I don't live locally so I don't know if they have actually started construction on it yet. I drove through Lubbock on my way to Levelland two weekends ago but didn't make it by see if they had started construction on the Service Center yet... I had meant to do that.
It's a remodel of the Reagor Dykes property. When I see the permits, the electrical inspection shows 60% complete so something is happening inside.

They also got permitted for Tesla signs this week.
1636305455727.png

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
It's a remodel of the Reagor Dykes property. When I see the permits, the electrical inspection shows 60% complete so something is happening inside.

They also got permitted for Tesla signs this week.
View attachment 730358

Ha that's' funny. I remember my in-laws that live up there were quipping last year about how it would be funny one day if it went into a Raegor Dykes location. Those guys got in a bunch of legal trouble recently (still ongoing) and most if not all their car lots closed.

I'll show them this, they'll get a kick out of it.

Went by yesterday. There’s no activity (renovation, remodel, construction) inside or outside in any of the buildings. Looks just like the pictures that I’ve seen on this thread.

Went by yesterday. There’s no activity (renovation, remodel, construction) inside or outside in any of the buildings. Looks just like the pictures that I’ve seen on this thread.
Interesting, I assumed they have done some work. There are final inspections listed now for some of the renovation permits. There is an approved Signage Permit as well for their outside signs but it sounds like they haven't installed those yet.

A friend with the power company tells me that the Lubbock delays were because Tesla was needing a specific demand amount for the superchargers. I am getting this 3rd or 4th hand, but they seem to think that construction will start soon, after completion of new superchargers in San Angelo. (I hadn't known of a San Angelo SC ).

They gave me TWO addresses, which was confusing.

1801 Crickets Avenue, AND 7012 Zenith Avenue.

The first one is the Buddy Holly Center which we previously had heard mentioned. The second one is on Loop 289 near Hwy 84 as you get close to I27.

I thought the service center was at the Reagor Dykes dealership, but the guy at the power company thinks the Loop 289 location is another service center. Not sure what to make of all this.

In any event, Lubbock appears to be getting at least 1 and possibly 2 locations soon. Before summer.

A friend with the power company tells me that the Lubbock delays were because Tesla was needing a specific demand amount for the superchargers. I am getting this 3rd or 4th hand, but they seem to think that construction will start soon, after completion of new superchargers in San Angelo. (I hadn't known of a San Angelo SC ).

They gave me TWO addresses, which was confusing.

1801 Crickets Avenue, AND 7012 Zenith Avenue.

The first one is the Buddy Holly Center which we previously had heard mentioned. The second one is on Loop 289 near Hwy 84 as you get close to I27.

I thought the service center was at the Reagor Dykes dealership, but the guy at the power company thinks the Loop 289 location is another service center. Not sure what to make of all this.

In any event, Lubbock appears to be getting at least 1 and possibly 2 locations soon. Before summer.
Id believe the buddy holly spot more but if they do one off the loop it would be at the travel center off of 84. I dont think that there will be 2. If they did you would think it would be on opposite ends of town; like around the mall or something.

By cancelled, do you mean that it was on Tesla's findus map but was removed?
Can't go by what's on the "Find US" map. It doesn't always show new locations until they are up. The llano, TX and Johnson City, TX chargers were never listed on the map at all. The Llano one is still missing actually.

That doesn't apply to the map in the car, it pulls from another much more current data source.