Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a remodel of the Reagor Dykes property. When I see the permits, the electrical inspection shows 60% complete so something is happening inside.

They also got permitted for Tesla signs this week.
View attachment 730358
Hilarious! When I was the first and only Tesla in Lubbock I lived literally 3 minutes from this. If I had only stuck it out (counts on fingers) 8+ more years! :p

But now I live in civilization and have a M3LR so I pretty much never need a Supercharger at all. While the San Antonio service center is in the boonies, on the plus side it's near the closest Double Dave's so I always schedule any service on Tuesdays for $1 pepperoni rolls! :p

Reactions: Utexas98 and reddy
A friend with the power company tells me that the Lubbock delays were because Tesla was needing a specific demand amount for the superchargers. I am getting this 3rd or 4th hand, but they seem to think that construction will start soon, after completion of new superchargers in San Angelo. (I hadn't known of a San Angelo SC ).

They gave me TWO addresses, which was confusing.

1801 Crickets Avenue, AND 7012 Zenith Avenue.

The first one is the Buddy Holly Center which we previously had heard mentioned. The second one is on Loop 289 near Hwy 84 as you get close to I27.

I thought the service center was at the Reagor Dykes dealership, but the guy at the power company thinks the Loop 289 location is another service center. Not sure what to make of all this.

In any event, Lubbock appears to be getting at least 1 and possibly 2 locations soon. Before summer.
I think 7012 Zenith may be more likely. There is currently nothing there but Toot 'n Totum pulled a Alcohol Beverage Permit for that address last September and they operate travel centers. Building on that, TDLR and Lubbock permits also show Toot 'n Totum fixing to start building a different store at 8306 Upland Ave as well and you said your contact thought maybe two Superchargers were going in. I can't find any permit activity that shows anything regarding Tesla Superchargers at either location yet.

If for some reason, they were going to install two Superchargers and base them both at these two Toot 'n Totum travel centers as you alluded to being possible based on what your contact said (which I find unlucky, but you never know!) those are both good locations. The Zenith Ave one will service I27 & US84 while the Upland one would service US62.

NOTE: This is all rumor and conjecture. Don't take what I'm saying as fact until official evidence has been found regarding building plans from state or local permits (or the remote possibly of some official statement from an involved authority).

I think 7012 Zenith may be more likely. There is currently nothing there but Toot 'n Totum pulled a Alcohol Beverage Permit for that address last September and they operate travel centers. Building on that, TDLR and Lubbock permits also show Toot 'n Totum fixing to start building a different store at 8306 Upland Ave as well and you said your contact thought maybe two Superchargers were going in. I can't find any permit activity that shows anything regarding Tesla Superchargers at either location yet.

If for some reason, they were going to install two Superchargers and base them both at these two Toot 'n Totum travel centers as you alluded to being possible based on what your contact said (which I find unlucky, but you never know!) those are both good locations. The Zenith Ave one will service I27 & US84 while the Upland one would service US62.

NOTE: This is all rumor and conjecture. Don't take what I'm saying as fact until official evidence has been found regarding building plans from state or local permits (or the remote possibly of some official statement from an involved authority).
There is also a rumored new Amarillo supercharger at the new Toot n Totum travel center at I40 and Loop 335 , so this all may be making sense now.

Reactions: cmy4x4
BREAKING NEWS:

City of Lubbock has a filing for a new permit at 1801 Crickets this week.

Unfortunately, it is so new that they haven't filled in any details on exactly WHAT it is. It could be a new sewer pipe for all I can tell. The value is listed as $100,000.

1642874208277.png

Especially if they put an SC in at Clovis.
Clovis is in the works. Tesla's map says 2022. If I was to hazard a guess, they are trying to make the trip to and from the I-35 corridor to the west side of I-40 more bearable by going via I-20 then US-84. You could then either catch I-27 in Lubbock up to Amarillo or keep going NW on US-84 through Clovis and up to I-40 in New Mexico at Santa Rosa.

Note: Not all future Superchargers are represented on this map. I know for sure that the Llano, Johnson City and Abbott Superchargers were never shown on the map prior to the station oppening.

Clovis is in the works. Tesla's map says 2022. If I was to hazard a guess, they are trying to make the trip to and from the I-35 corridor to the west side of I-40 more bearable by going via I-20 then US-84. You could then either catch I-27 in Lubbock up to Amarillo or keep going NW on US-84 through Clovis and up to I-40 in New Mexico at Santa Rosa.

Note: Not all future Superchargers are represented on this map. I know for sure that the Llano, Johnson City and Abbott Superchargers were never shown on the map prior to the station oppening.

Certainly hope so. Clovis, NM is on 3 US Numbered Highways and it would be nice to see some more splitters.
US-60: would split Socorro, NM to Miner, MO 1152.8 miles. That's #1 on the US Numbered Highway Network (and Socorro, NM isn't even under construction yet).
US-70: would split Deming, NM to Ardmore, OK 731.1 miles. #8 on the US Numbered Highway Network.
US-84: would split Santa Rosa, NM to Sweetwater, TX 326.5 miles. #102 on the US Numbered Highway Network.

Here is the building permit for the Toot 'n Totum at 8306 Upland by US-62.

No mention of a charger station in it. No permits filed yet for 7012 Zenith. There was an alcohol license issued for that address in Sept 2021 which is funny since it's just dirt right now...

Here is the building permit for the Toot 'n Totum at 8306 Upland by US-62.

No mention of a charger station in it. No permits filed yet for 7012 Zenith. There was an alcohol license issued for that address in Sept 2021 which is funny since it's just dirt right now...

I don't think Upland is on Tesla's menu.

Upland is also a smaller store than what Toot n Totum seems to be building at Zenith. The rumor is that will be a travel center, that has parking for 18 wheelers, restaurant, large bathrooms, maybe a playground, etc. Something similar to the Toot n Totum on I-40 and Lakeside in Amarillo, which also has a rumored Tesla supercharger installation.

Looks like there's a little delay... again.

View attachment 764446

Figured that would happen. If our theory is right about the chargers getting installed at a new Toot n Totum travel center on US-84 right outside of the loop, they haven't even broke ground yet on that travel center. I assume the travel center would at least need to be under construction for them to start on the chargers so they may be at the mercy of construction delays with the host site.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and reddy
Looks like there's a little delay... again.

View attachment 764446
This is disappointing.

I will keep scanning the usual places to learn more. Also, if we see construction about to start on the Toot n Totum location, that would be a clue. Looking at the numbering system that Toot n Totum has on their locations, and comparing it to actual construction activity, this one should be getting started soon.

I’m wondering if there’s a connection between the delay of the CyberTruck and the delay of this ServiceCenter/SuperCharger?

Are you assuming that Lubbock customers are more likely to be truck people ? Perhaps, but the need for a SC here is for the existing owners in Austin, Dallas, ABQ, Midland/Odessa, and Amarillo. We need a place to charge while passing through.

Also, just caught this on the Toot n Totum web page. We'll keep an eye out for Tesla connections , esp for the Zenith TnT #132 ocation.

1644179522991.png