Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still trying to develop information on the permitting for the Zenith location. The alcohol permit lists a building location size of 7918 sq ft with 64 parking spots.

That is NOT a truck stop type location. It's too small. For comparison, the Amarillo SC #2 is rumored to be at the Toot n Totum at 8507 I-40 E, and that building is 15,377 sq ft.

Of course this could be a placeholder, and perhaps Toot n Totem did not want to reveal the true extent of their Lubbock properties to competitors until they really start building.

Of course, there is ample room for an 8 , 12, or 16 spot supercharger, but I was hoping to see the full package of amenities.

Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
I actually just strait up asked Toot'n Totum about a possible Supercharger Site(s) in Lubbock at their stores and got this response and it was from someone fairly high up. I'm impressed I even got a response. Their answer is about what I expected, but it isn't a "no" either, lol.

Here was their response:

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I can’t comment on this right now, but I encourage you to stay tuned.

We look forward to opening our sites and earning your business in Lubbock.

I actually just strait up asked Toot'n Totum about a possible Supercharger Site(s) in Lubbock at their stores and got this response and it was from someone fairly high up. I'm impressed I even got a response. Their answer is about what I expected, but it isn't a "no" either, lol.

Here was their response:
That sounds like a tentative YES, we are talking to Tesla about it right now.

Otherwise I would have expected him to say. “Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We’ll take your suggestion under advisement”.

I saw the TDLR filing for the new Amarillo supercharger at the Toot'n Totum on east side of town on I-40. That suggests a good possibly that the future Lubbock Toot'n Totum will also host a Supercharger... as we have been speculating would be the case up to now.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I saw the TDLR filing for the new Amarillo supercharger at the Toot'n Totum on east side of town on I-40. That suggests a good possibly that the future Lubbock Toot'n Totum will also host a Supercharger... as we have been speculating would be the case up to now.
BREAKING NEWS:

City of Lubbock has a filing for a new permit at 1801 Crickets this week.

Unfortunately, it is so new that they haven't filled in any details on exactly WHAT it is. It could be a new sewer pipe for all I can tell. The value is listed as $100,000.

View attachment 758838
Just curious, did anything good (related to Tesla) come out of this?

So, it seems like the 2 most likely locations for the new SuperCharger are the new Tesla Gallery (shown above) or the new Toot N Totem (mentioned above). Which one of those is most likely to be completed in Q4? Seems like the Toot N Totem to me....?
Agree, doesnt not seem they put any at Service Centers. At least here in Tulsa and KC they dont. Plus not facilities in the evening and weekends

No activity on City of Lubbock permits for 1801 Crickets or 7012 Zenith yet. The review application for 1801 Crickets may not be relevant, but will keep an eye on that.

The Toot n Totem sister location at 82nd and Upland has a TDLR approval. It seems fairly small, not the size I would expect hosting a Tesla supercharger.

Note the 10 month construction timeline, meaning completion around New Years. So if Zenith follows after that, we are looking at Q1 2023 for Zenith.

1645400831839.png

I'm painting the new Tesla Service Center and there will be no Superchargers at this site. I'll find out about the Toot n Toteum as have a set of plans and I can ask the project manager. If I find anything out I'll post. New Showroom/service center will be nice with lots of room! Very large parking lot. It's the old Reagor Dykes on 82nd west of Milwaukee! Should be open in 4 weeks or so.

I'm painting the new Tesla Service Center and there will be no Superchargers at this site. I'll find out about the Toot n Toteum as have a set of plans and I can ask the project manager. If I find anything out I'll post. New Showroom/service center will be nice with lots of room! Very large parking lot. It's the old Reagor Dykes on 82nd west of Milwaukee! Should be open in 4 weeks or so.

If you're asking, there's another Toot'n Totum @ 11301 Slide Rd, Lubbock, TX 79424 for a new build but no callout for supercharger. Smaller than the Upland one and not close to any of the major highways.

There is permit movement on the Toot'n Totum @ 7012 Zenith (Where we think the Supercharger will be installed). Yesterday Toot'n Totum started the platting process for their Zenith location along US-84. Nothing specific about a Supercharger yet but the submitted Plat shows they are going to have 10 Acres of land from US-84 to the TX Loop 289 frontage road. That is quite a bit larger than their other planned Lubbock locations. This Toot'n Totum will be right next to the existing Chisum Travel Center.

Also, I checked TDLR and there have been no filings there as of yet... Not even for the Travel Center itself... which is odd.

1646521628315.png

The Service Center / Gallery going it at 6626 82nd is probably fixing to open soon. They have finished with all the city inspections and have now applied for the Certificate of Occupancy for each of the buildings on the property. That is the last step prior to them being allowed to open. Makes sense, I've seen several photos posted across a couple different social media platforms showing the Service Center looking about done from the outside.

Note for newcomers to this thread, this is NOT the Supercharger. This is for the Lubbock Service Center & Gallery ONLY.

Link to Lubbock Permit Database for the Service Center:
CSS

Additionally, going along with our theory that the Superchargers will be installed at a Toot'n Totum like the one in Amarillo we already know about....

Toot'n Totum has disclosed all their future Lubbock locations on their web site. We think the Zenith location will host a Supercharger. If we do happen to get a 2nd Supercharger though (very much a rumor only!), it may be one of these other locations.

1647400340344.png

Source: Our locations

Last edited: