Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's kind of a "glass half empty" view of looking at things. Nothing wrong with wanting Superchargers in more locations... and there is more to Texas than Dallas and East Texas. Lots of reasons for needing to route through Lubbock.... For one it would close a giant Supercharger gap in West Texas (Not everyone ends or starts their trip along with I-35 corridor.) and Lubbock can be way more convenient routing for some trips. Right now, I'm visiting family in Levelland (west of Lubbock) and I have seen many Tesla's on the road up here. While not as much as out in East Texas, it's way more then I have ever seen up here before. Lubbock has a large university, fast growing tech sector and they even have an active Tesla Service Center now. Lubbock is the largest city in Texas without a Supercharger right now as far as I can tell. I live in Abilene so any other route that doesn't go thorough Sweetwater/Lubbock would add significant time to the trip.

Also, a direct route from Amarillo (I-40) to Sweetwater (I-20) is out of reach for most Teslas. I know my MYLR at full charge can not make that Sweetwater<--> Amarillo trip in either direction without a stop in between. Say your going to Abilene, or Midland, San Angelo or anywhere else in west/central Texas. Going down US-287 would make no sense and going through Lubbock would be much faster..

None of this really matters anymore though. We know for a fact that a Supercharger is coming to Lubbock and has even been confirmed by Tesla employees at the service center.

Last edited:
Spoke to a Lubbock contact today, and their impression is that construction of the Toot N Totem on Zenith won’t begin until late 2022. If Tesla is using this site for a supercharger, then we likely won’t have anything until well into 2023.

I’m hoping 1801 Crickets is still a possibility. There have been no recent filings for 1801 Crickets though.

Spoke to a Lubbock contact today, and their impression is that construction of the Toot N Totem on Zenith won’t begin until late 2022. If Tesla is using this site for a supercharger, then we likely won’t have anything until well into 2023.

I’m hoping 1801 Crickets is still a possibility. There have been no recent filings for 1801 Crickets though.
They put a charger in at Denison before the smokehouse went in..

Toot N Totem should have designed their new location in Plainview TX with superchargers in mind. To me that would have been an excellent location on I-27. Every time I drive by on the highway I look over and see potential areas where they could have been placed. Oh well.

Reactions: cmy4x4
Pushed out another quarter. :(
1651171503395.png

Pushed out another quarter. :(View attachment 798495
Ditto Ughh.
This jives with the 7012 Zenith construction schedule being late 2022. By the time Lubbock gets any superchargers, Amarillo will have at least 16 spots.

IMO if Toot N Totem doesn’t start construction until Q4 2022, they won’t have a place to build superchargers until late Q2 or Q3 2023. So Tesla may be overoptimistic on Q1 2023.

• Love
Reactions: mociaf9 and cmy4x4