Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Guess the temporary ones will be at the Service Center then. I know that it wasn't the initial plan to install publicly accessible Superchargers at the Service Center but I guess the big delay in the actual Supercharger's host site construction forced their hand a bit to put something in.

I'm heading up to Lubbock/Levelland next weekend and if they have them live, I can give 'em a try.

Reactions: bruce4000
Ditto Ughh.
This jives with the 7012 Zenith construction schedule being late 2022. By the time Lubbock gets any superchargers, Amarillo will have at least 16 spots.

IMO if Toot N Totem doesn’t start construction until Q4 2022, they won’t have a place to build superchargers until late Q2 or Q3 2023. So Tesla may be overoptimistic on Q1 2023.
On a more optimistic note, Tesla has had Superchargers open before the host.

Might be a space restriction. Looks like a modular V3 from here.
Is that Tesla Lubbock Service Center?

Is it possible that by personnel saying they're temporary superchargers, they actually mean V3s but "temporary" until more are installed in the Lubbock area (like the ones that might, hopefully, fingers-crossed, be set up at the Zenith TNT? Or, are these "temporary", as in 72 kWh? I've never actually charged at a 72 kWh charger, so I haven't seen one other than in pictures.

Is that Tesla Lubbock Service Center?

Is it possible that by personnel saying they're temporary superchargers, they actually mean V3s but "temporary" until more are installed in the Lubbock area (like the ones that might, hopefully, fingers-crossed, be set up at the Zenith TNT? Or, are these "temporary", as in 72 kWh? I've never actually charged at a 72 kWh charger, so I haven't seen one other than in pictures.
If they were temp uSC’s they’d be on a pallet.

Attachments

• 1652489256423.jpeg
    1652489256423.jpeg
    398.3 KB · Views: 194
Tesla has some temp V3s, as well. There is one in Truckee, CA.

Truckee Soaring Way Supercharger
10001 Soaring Way, Truckee, CA 96161, USA

Truckee Soaring Way Supercharger | PlugShare

The pics in this thread don’t look very temporary, though. It’ll probably end up being a permanent addition to the service center, but reserved for service use once the actual Supercharger gets built.

Reactions: mociaf9
Superchargers are going in at the new Service /Showroom!! Finally!! I can't believe it! They should be on in about 2 weeks 😁
That may be true, but I believe these were not initially intended to be the "Lubbock" supercharger. I don't think the ones going in at the Service Center were not going to be publicly accessible. While Tesla may be opening them up to the public on a temporary basis due to delays in constructing the primary site, they may close the Service Center chargers to the Public once the primary Supercharger is built... or Telsa may change their mind and leave this open to the public and have two SC sites in Lubbock, never know at this point.

I see only one v3 cabinet which supports 4 stalls. That small number leads me to believe it will eventually be for Service Center use only. For it to be a public site permanently, I'd assume they would install at least 8 stalls. (Obviously, it's still under construction and they just may not have the second cabinet installed so I may have to eat my words on that last statement if the future proves to play out differently.)

I will be traveling from Austin to Colorado in late June. Having superchargers in Lubbock would help me cut a nice diagonal, saving time, distance, and energy from having my route run farther south than ideal, or too far north than ideal.

I am making a general request to folks to post updates here if/when these things get operational. I think that was happening here already, but adding my voice to request more info as it comes available!!! Exciting times to be driving a Tesla across the American West.

I will be traveling from Austin to Colorado in late June. Having superchargers in Lubbock would help me cut a nice diagonal, saving time, distance, and energy from having my route run farther south than ideal, or too far north than ideal.

I am making a general request to folks to post updates here if/when these things get operational. I think that was happening here already, but adding my voice to request more info as it comes available!!! Exciting times to be driving a Tesla across the American West.
I assume you want to go Sweetwater to Lubbock and up to Amarillo? I did it once when my MS was new with 335 miles of range. Went from Bee Cave through Llano to Sweetwater - Lubbock - Amarillo - Trinidad. It was my first Tesla road trip and pure range anxiety, often slowing to 55mph "to reach your destination". Thankfully there are now chargers in Llano and Clayton, NM. so if you can hit the Lubbock temporaries you are okay. I am doing the same trip in June but I generally take the Cisco-Childress route as it is an easier drive and only about 30 minutes longer, but you can drive as fast as you like. The Sweetwater chargers are behind a Holiday Inn Express with little to nothing within walking distance except another box hotel. Either way it's pretty hard to avoid a few long charges. Going back to Tx is a breeze because it's all down hill.

I assume you want to go Sweetwater to Lubbock and up to Amarillo? I did it once when my MS was new with 335 miles of range. Went from Bee Cave through Llano to Sweetwater - Lubbock - Amarillo - Trinidad. It was my first Tesla road trip and pure range anxiety, often slowing to 55mph "to reach your destination". Thankfully there are now chargers in Llano and Clayton, NM. so if you can hit the Lubbock temporaries you are okay. I am doing the same trip in June but I generally take the Cisco-Childress route as it is an easier drive and only about 30 minutes longer, but you can drive as fast as you like. The Sweetwater chargers are behind a Holiday Inn Express with little to nothing within walking distance except another box hotel. Either way it's pretty hard to avoid a few long charges. Going back to Tx is a breeze because it's all down hill.
I have looked hard at the Cisco-Childress route. ABRP (which I admit is pretty conservative) warns me I need to keep my speed to 60 for one leg, 65 for the other. I'm in a Y long range (EPA 325 miles)... Sounds like you have taken that route, and you did OK with the speed? I admit I'm not sure what the speed limits are on that Cisco-Childress route anyway; looks like smaller roads. My main concern there would be slowing down other traffic if I'm babying the battery...