Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Of note, this building is significantly larger than the size originally specified in the alcohol permit. It’s now almost 11,000 feet which suggests a travel center and specifically includes a quick service restaurant.
526D8E43-2069-4827-9F09-44B836DA2BF4.jpeg

I’m charging here now. It’s not in the Nav though. And I’m skeptical that this will be open to the public long term.
Yes, it’s not on my Nav here in Amarillo. Other nearby stations showed up 1 - 2 days after commissioning.

There isn’t enough service business in Lubbock to justify keeping this restricted to service customers. I’d wager that it will be publicly available at least until we have a highway based supercharger built.

Yes, it’s not on my Nav here in Amarillo. Other nearby stations showed up 1 - 2 days after commissioning.

There isn’t enough service business in Lubbock to justify keeping this restricted to service customers. I’d wager that it will be publicly available at least until we have a highway based supercharger built.

It shows up in the Tesla App. 🤷‍♂️

I suspect that if it remains as a "secret" supercharger, i.e. not being in the Nav and not having the Nav route people through it, that it would suffice as a 4-stall location for a while. But if they put it in the Nav, I think it could get overwhelmed on busy weekends. I know this is oil country, but it's a massive hole in the supercharger network, and road tripping is going to be HUGE this summer, especially among Tesla owners.