Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least until there's a proper location:

Lubbock SC, TX

Host Type: Tesla
Host: Lubbock Service Center
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-82
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-62

To: Childress, TX - 153.7 miles
Diversion: 2.3 miles
To: Lowell, AR - 625.1 miles

US-82

To: Henrietta, TX - 237.4 miles
Diversion: 2.4 miles
To: Texarkana, TX - 487.6 miles

Helping to fill a big Texan hole until there's a proper Lubbock, TX location.

At least until there's a proper location:

Lubbock SC, TX

Host Type: Tesla
Host: Lubbock Service Center
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-62, US-82
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-62

To: Childress, TX - 153.7 miles
Diversion: 2.3 miles
To: Lowell, AR - 625.1 miles

US-82

To: Henrietta, TX - 237.4 miles
Diversion: 2.4 miles
To: Texarkana, TX - 487.6 miles

Helping to fill a big Texan hole until there's a proper Lubbock, TX location.
Not sure what your definition of "primary interstate" is, but I-27 is nearby.

It's also along highway 84 as much as the other two highways. Confusing metric.
The service center is pretty close to US82/62 but 5+ miles away from the closest access to I27 or US84. I think his metric was distance from the highway. The thinking goes that the more you have to drive off the highway into town to hit a charger, the less desirable it is for highway travel.

The service center is pretty close to US82/62 but 5+ miles away from the closest access to I27 or US84. I think his metric was distance from the highway. The thinking goes that the more you have to drive off the highway into town to hit a charger, the less desirable it is for highway travel.
Yes. I set a limit of a 10 mile total diversion.
But note, that for US highways I follow the highway and return to the point of departure.
Otherwise, I'd not bother tracking the highways. They're rarely consistently the fastest route.

If you're _actually_ traveling along SE/NW along US-84, it doesn't seem to be that bad a diversion from the fastest route (which Mapbox says is to take the Loop on the Northeast side). 13 minutes and 6.1 miles. But still, I can't see Tesla wanting that as a permanent location if the major travel is SE/NW or NS.

This location is now listed on Tesla's Find Us site: Lubbock, TX Supercharger | Tesla

The "Coming Soon" pin is still there as well, as this location was added with a different URL slug (lubbocksupercharger).

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 9.43.25 AM.png

Thank you, I am new to this website. A better route planner shows it to be so. the nav in our MS doesn’t show it as of yet. I am leaving from Santa Fe going to Wimberley, Tx(outside of Austin) and it would greatly shorten the trip if i can charge thru Lubbock, otherwise I need to go thru Amarillo. How many stalls are there? If it doesn’t show up on the car I won’t know how many are available. thank you for your reply.