Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, I am new to this website. A better route planner shows it to be so. the nav in our MS doesn’t show it as of yet. I am leaving from Santa Fe going to Wimberley, Tx(outside of Austin) and it would greatly shorten the trip if i can charge thru Lubbock, otherwise I need to go thru Amarillo. How many stalls are there? If it doesn’t show up on the car I won’t know how many are available. thank you for your reply.
Yes, all that info is in the last page or two of this thread. There is a small Supercharger at Lubbock service center and it's 4 stalls @ 250kw max. It may not show in the car, but it shows in the Tesla app.

The reason why it's being weird like this is that is this Supercharger isn't the "official" Lubbock Supercharger. The big one has not been built yet, they just kind of added these 4 stalls at the service center as a stop gap to get some sort of charging available until the primary site opens later this year.

Reactions: cmy4x4
June 5- Lubbock Supercharger open and operational. Still not integrated in the nav system but lots of V3 power goodness to be had with no waiting.
PXL_20220605_192339844.jpg

June 5- Lubbock Supercharger open and operational. Still not integrated in the nav system but lots of V3 power goodness to be had with no

Ditto - not integrated today, but works well. I was there at 10:30 pm and working well.

BTW, on the section between Junction and Lubbock, temperatures were at 110 degrees. That heat played hell with battery efficiency.

For anyone traveling thru this charger is way out of the way.

Yes, it is, if you are coming from US-84 or I-27 but its right next to US-62. As said multiple times in this thread though, the Service Center charger is a stop gap until the real Supercharger is built. Right now, due to how sparse chargers are out in West Texas and the panhandle, anything is better than nothing. The actual Supercharger site will most likely along US-84 close to the south loop once built and have at least 8 stalls.

Yeah I’ve seen worse. Look at the OKC supercharger. Waaaaay out of the way if going north/south.
Yep, noticed that when I was driving from TX to WI. And the one SC they have in OKC, was quite crowded and while I pulled in and got the last open stall, there was a queue to use it the rest of the time I was there. I felt bad since I needed to practically full charge on my way back to make it to Henrietta via I-44 due to heavy south winds that day so I had to stay a long time and charge past 80%.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Yep, noticed that when I was driving from TX to WI. And the one SC they have in OKC, was quite crowded and while I pulled in and got the last open stall, there was a queue to use it the rest of the time I was there. I felt bad since I needed to practically full charge on my way back to make it to Henrietta via I-44 due to heavy south winds that day so I had to stay a long time and charge past 80%.
yeah.. i really do not enjoy going to OKC and back from Dallas. Ardmore SC is a joke and *packed* - and OKC SC is way undersized for the population of their metro and the need for me to charge pretty full from OKC to make to Denton even in adverse conditions and skip Ardmore... meanwhile Dallas to Austin and Dallas to Houston are sporting SCs en masse...

yeah.. i really do not enjoy going to OKC and back from Dallas. Ardmore SC is a joke and *packed* - and OKC SC is way undersized for the population of their metro and the need for me to charge pretty full from OKC to make to Denton even in adverse conditions and skip Ardmore... meanwhile Dallas to Austin and Dallas to Houston are sporting SCs en masse...
Denton could use an upgrade too.

For anyone traveling thru this charger is way out of the way.
Yep, it’s out of the way alright - but I don’t care. I just charged there a few minutes ago (in my motel room now) on my way home from Denver to McAllen) and having it here saves me over an hour over having to use the Childress to Sweetwater route.

I’m glad Tesla recognized the necessity of one in Lubbock enough to put in this temporary one until they get through fighting the permit wars on get one on a main route.