Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lubbock (SC), TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is there a thread for that Amarillo location?
YES

YES
That thread is for the Toot-n-Totem Amarillo location that has 12 V3 chargers available now. Not for any future Buc-ee’s Amarillo location.

Not sure why the permitting is taking so long for the Supercharger's host site @ the Zenith AVE Toot'N Totum but it had a little movement recently. The "Plat Recording Review" task passed on 12/16.

Not sure if this is a normal thing or not but it feels like to me that the host site has taken a lot longer to get through the permitting process then it should.

Tesla..EA……charge point…….which flavor? Are these on the plans?
Don't know about EA, ChargePoint or any other operators except Tesla.

Tesla currently has a small temporary Supercharger at the Lubbock service center with a larger, more permanent one coming to a new Toot'n Totum travel center on the SE side of Lubbock by US-84 and Loop 289 junction. The problem with the permanent Supercharger though is with host site, Toot'n Totum. It has not been built yet and it seems to be forever delayed. Last I checked, there was a little permit movement with the city in early December, but it does not look like actual building permits have been issued yet.

I drove through Lubbock in the last week of December and the future site still has the "Toot'n Totum Coming Soon" sign but no signs of any construction yet.

Reactions: CarlS
Number of Teslas/EV driving through per day:

Amarillo: 500
Lubbock: 2
While I see your point - I-40 runs through Amarillo and it’s a major coast to coast route - there may be more traffic through Lubbock than many people suspect. I have charged there twice. Once there were two other cars charging and the other time, there was one other. Also, there may be a fair number of people driving EVs visiting Texas Tech.

While I see your point - I-40 runs through Amarillo and it’s a major coast to coast route - there may be more traffic through Lubbock than many people suspect. I have charged there twice. Once there were two other cars charging and the other time, there was one other. Also, there may be a fair number of people driving EVs visiting Texas Tech.
For Austin, San Antonio and anyone brave enough to drive from Houston, Lubbock is on the route to ABQ/Santa Fe and then on to the SW Colorado area, like Telluride. I've been the 4th car at Lubbock before and a car has been waiting, rando Friday at 3 PM, so there has to be other times that are very frustrating.

Reactions: Ferengii
Texas Tech has been oddly quiet about EVs. I can’t see that Tech has done diddly squat , not a single EVSE on PlugShare.

The Lubbock PlugShare map is an embarrassment, Amarillo has about 4x the number of public chargers at hotels, public attractions, etc.

When I commuted to Lubbock from Amarillo to do consulting, I had to ask the company to add a 240v NEMA 14-50 to the parking area as part of the arrangement. Public infrastructure was zero.

Lubbock seems slow on the uptake here.

Reactions: Ferengii and cmy4x4
Texas Tech has been oddly quiet about EVs. I can’t see that Tech has done diddly squat , not a single EVSE on PlugShare.

The Lubbock PlugShare map is an embarrassment, Amarillo has about 4x the number of public chargers at hotels, public attractions, etc.

When I commuted to Lubbock from Amarillo to do consulting, I had the company add a 240v NEMA 14-50 to the parking area as part of the arrangement.

Lubbock seems slow on the uptake here.
Agree completely, I was surprised at the announcement of the Delivery Center in Lubbock when they finally got around to the panhandle, from my eyes as others have stated the traffic and larger travel corridors in Amarillo/Canyon would be more fitting. I Believe Dumas has just about as many if not more L2 charging stations available than Lubbock.

Reactions: reddy and cmy4x4