Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ludington, MI

Saw in SuperCharge.Info this morning that a new SC opened in Ludington, MI. Whole project went undetected. Tesla.Com says it is in a Meijer parking lot.

Let me know if there any plans to give it a proper welcome (rally/grand opening/ribbon cutting, etc). I'm all the way on the other side of the state, but I've charged at every SC in MI now except this one...so I need to cross if off the list. :)

Reactions: tomsModelS

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Ludington, MI

Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-10, US-31

To: Traverse City, MI (US-10,MI-37,US-31) - 87.6 miles
To: Cadillac, MI (US-10,MI-37,MI-55,MI-115,local) - 71.7 miles
To: Bay City, MI (US-10,I-75,MI-13) - 138 miles
To: Marshall, MI (US-31,I-96,US-131,I-94) - 183 miles
To: Grand Rapids, MI (US-31,I-96) - 105 miles
To: St. Joseph, MI (US-31,I-196,I-94) - 147 miles
Also:
To: Pleasant Prairie, WI (US-31,local w/ferry, I-94) - 180 miles
To: Madison, WI (US-31,local w/ferry, I-794,I-94,I-90,US-151) - 221 miles
To: Sheboygan, WI (US-10 w/ferry,I-43,WI-23) - 93.8 miles
To: Green Bay, WI (US-10 w/ferry,I-43,WI-172,I-41) - 110 miles

in a town that's a ferry port to Wisconsin, and helps travelers heading up the west of Michigan.

Well, this is ironic. I drove through Ludington on Saturday evening. I was coming off of the SS Badger and heading up to Interlochen to drop off my daughter at camp. Never even noticed it on the in-car map. Could have saved myself stringing an extension cord to trickle electrons at my hotel in Traverse City.

Oh, well. Next year.

Bgarret

Model 3 ownin' Michigan scofflaw
May 10, 2013
Michigan
Luddington is a nice adddition. Was troublesome trying to go round trip up the Lake Michigan shoreline. West Michigan is still a charging desert, but at least there is another Oasis.

I've used the St. Joseph's charger about a dozen times on trips in and out of Chicago. Never seen more that 1 other Tesla charging, and usually by myself. 6 Tesla's charging there yesterday, including 3 Model X.

Times they are a changin'.

Nice! That'll simplify taking the car ferry over to WI... (assuming that I get over having them drive it onto the boat).

I just crossed on the SS Badger Ferry with my X today. They said if I insisted, they would let me drive her on.
The senior traffic director promise3d he would hand pick a good driver and everything came out OK.

BUT, actually, I think next time I will drive it on just for the experience! Leverage being a Tesla owner!

• Informative
Reactions: snellenr
Well, this is ironic. I drove through Ludington on Saturday evening. I was coming off of the SS Badger and heading up to Interlochen to drop off my daughter at camp. Never even noticed it on the in-car map. Could have saved myself stringing an extension cord to trickle electrons at my hotel in Traverse City.

Oh, well. Next year.
Hello G Richard. Wow! too bad. I remember sending you information about the Ludington SC and commenting on your daughter going to Interlochen as my daughter went 25 years ago. Did you get the message? Maybe a rhead elsewhere?

THE LUDINGTON SC IS GREAT!
A Local named Mike came up and took my picture saying he thinks I was the first to use it. He is going to have the newspaper write up my stop!

FullSizeRender.jpg

THE LUDINGTON SC IS GREAT!
A Local named Mike came up and took my picture saying he thinks I was the first to use it. He is going to have the newspaper write up my stop!

View attachment 238847
I used it on my back to Northern Michigan from Chicago a week ago too. It is at a great location. Put on about 160 miles in a half hour. Another Tesla also stopped in.

My first visit to this one was on July 14th, I swung by here after the Tesla Owners event that took place at Crystal Mountain. This one was a bit out of the way for me as I live just a bit south of Detroit and I could have taken a more direct route home....but I also wanted to check this one out (and I stopped at Marshall after this one) and be able to say that I've charged at all the Michigan SC's. Which I can...until Traverse City and Lansing open. :)

My first visit to this one was on July 14th, I swung by here after the Tesla Owners event that took place at Crystal Mountain. This one was a bit out of the way for me as I live just a bit south of Detroit and I could have taken a more direct route home....but I also wanted to check this one out (and I stopped at Marshall after this one) and be able to say that I've charged at all the Michigan SC's. Which I can...until Traverse City and Lansing open. :)
You'r ahead of me. Though the only ones I have missed so far are Port Huron and Marshall. The one I have been really waiting for is Lansing.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC