Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ludington, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw in SuperCharge.Info this morning that a new SC opened in Ludington, MI. Whole project went undetected. Tesla.Com says it is in a Meijer parking lot.

Let me know if there any plans to give it a proper welcome (rally/grand opening/ribbon cutting, etc). I'm all the way on the other side of the state, but I've charged at every SC in MI now except this one...so I need to cross if off the list. :)

Reactions: tomsModelS
Ludington, MI

Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-10, US-31

To: Traverse City, MI (US-10,MI-37,US-31) - 87.6 miles
To: Cadillac, MI (US-10,MI-37,MI-55,MI-115,local) - 71.7 miles
To: Bay City, MI (US-10,I-75,MI-13) - 138 miles
To: Marshall, MI (US-31,I-96,US-131,I-94) - 183 miles
To: Grand Rapids, MI (US-31,I-96) - 105 miles
To: St. Joseph, MI (US-31,I-196,I-94) - 147 miles
Also:
To: Pleasant Prairie, WI (US-31,local w/ferry, I-94) - 180 miles
To: Madison, WI (US-31,local w/ferry, I-794,I-94,I-90,US-151) - 221 miles
To: Sheboygan, WI (US-10 w/ferry,I-43,WI-23) - 93.8 miles
To: Green Bay, WI (US-10 w/ferry,I-43,WI-172,I-41) - 110 miles

in a town that's a ferry port to Wisconsin, and helps travelers heading up the west of Michigan.

Well, this is ironic. I drove through Ludington on Saturday evening. I was coming off of the SS Badger and heading up to Interlochen to drop off my daughter at camp. Never even noticed it on the in-car map. Could have saved myself stringing an extension cord to trickle electrons at my hotel in Traverse City.

Oh, well. Next year.

Luddington is a nice adddition. Was troublesome trying to go round trip up the Lake Michigan shoreline. West Michigan is still a charging desert, but at least there is another Oasis.

I've used the St. Joseph's charger about a dozen times on trips in and out of Chicago. Never seen more that 1 other Tesla charging, and usually by myself. 6 Tesla's charging there yesterday, including 3 Model X.

Times they are a changin'.

Nice! That'll simplify taking the car ferry over to WI... (assuming that I get over having them drive it onto the boat).

I just crossed on the SS Badger Ferry with my X today. They said if I insisted, they would let me drive her on.
The senior traffic director promise3d he would hand pick a good driver and everything came out OK.

BUT, actually, I think next time I will drive it on just for the experience! Leverage being a Tesla owner!

• Informative
Reactions: snellenr
Well, this is ironic. I drove through Ludington on Saturday evening. I was coming off of the SS Badger and heading up to Interlochen to drop off my daughter at camp. Never even noticed it on the in-car map. Could have saved myself stringing an extension cord to trickle electrons at my hotel in Traverse City.

Oh, well. Next year.
Hello G Richard. Wow! too bad. I remember sending you information about the Ludington SC and commenting on your daughter going to Interlochen as my daughter went 25 years ago. Did you get the message? Maybe a rhead elsewhere?

THE LUDINGTON SC IS GREAT!
A Local named Mike came up and took my picture saying he thinks I was the first to use it. He is going to have the newspaper write up my stop!

FullSizeRender.jpg

A Local named Mike came up and took my picture saying he thinks I was the first to use it. He is going to have the newspaper write up my stop!

My first visit to this one was on July 14th, I swung by here after the Tesla Owners event that took place at Crystal Mountain. This one was a bit out of the way for me as I live just a bit south of Detroit and I could have taken a more direct route home....but I also wanted to check this one out (and I stopped at Marshall after this one) and be able to say that I've charged at all the Michigan SC's. Which I can...until Traverse City and Lansing open. :)

My first visit to this one was on July 14th, I swung by here after the Tesla Owners event that took place at Crystal Mountain. This one was a bit out of the way for me as I live just a bit south of Detroit and I could have taken a more direct route home....but I also wanted to check this one out (and I stopped at Marshall after this one) and be able to say that I've charged at all the Michigan SC's. Which I can...until Traverse City and Lansing open. :)
You'r ahead of me. Though the only ones I have missed so far are Port Huron and Marshall. The one I have been really waiting for is Lansing.