TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Lumberton, NC

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by airj1012, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Does anyone live close to the Lumberton, NC location? Supposedly the address is 5093 Fayetteville Road Lumberton, NC 28358 and is to be placed very close to the Texas Steakhouse. I just wanted to create a thread for this confirmed location and see if we could get some status updates/pictures from anyone in the area. Thanks.

Recargo link - http://www.recargo.com/sites/11350
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

2. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

#2 airj1012, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Hopefully we'll have an update on this location sometime next week. A TMC member should be in the neighborhood next week. Stay posted.

3. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

#3 airj1012, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    Here are some shots from a TMC member fdog and also an estimate of where the location is on the map based on his pictures. Unfortunately thats as much as I could zoom into Google Maps.

1455849_10101197366789278_470672869_n.jpg

1460131_10101197365751358_2008140729_n.jpg

Untitled.jpg

4. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Thanks for the update!

5. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Also I think this location still has a decent bit of work to be done. The contractors that were working on Santee, SC are in the process of moving to this location. Should be done before the end of January but obviously not in time for Christmas travel.

6. fdog

fdog Member

Yea, when I was there today, it was clear they were just getting started--the workers were diging a trench in front of the parking spaces to route conduit/high voltage wires. We also stopped by the Santee Supercharger, and they still have a couple of crates and a shipping container on-site there. They also hadn't built any wooden fencing around the charging equipment racks, like they've done at other sites that I've seen (Burlington, NC). I'm guessing that'll come after successful electrical inspections.

One other thing to be aware of with the Lumbeton site is that the NC DOT is replacing the I-95 overpass at exit 22, so it's a huge pain to get off of 95 here. Traffic was backed up down the exit ramp, almost into the flow of 95 traffic--took us 3 red light cycles to get off I-95. Though, the DOT will probably have that completed in the next few months.

I actually like this location much better that the other nearby SC locations (Burlington, Santee) since there're much more prominent, and not as isolated from everything. Hope that doesn't mean these spots are likely to get ICE'd.

7. Jwarrenphd

Jwarrenphd Member

This is a great addition for we Carolina wanderers and for all east coast travelers! Many thanks to the LBT model S and restaurant owner. Looking forward to western NC SC additions in 2014!

8. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Can someone familiar with the area please add the Lumberton supercharger information to PlugShare? Thanks!

9. ChrisC

ChrisC see signature

I added it to Recargo a month ago, with all known details:

EV Charging Location - Tesla Superchargers - Lumberton, NC

Once it's really online I'll change it to Operational status, and THEN the data will migrate over to Plugshare on its own. Recargo bought Plugshare and is in the process of merging the databases.

10. StefanT

StefanT Member

Stopped by the Lumberton site this afternoon on my way back from Savannah. The crew were busy wiring the switch cabinet and said they expect to be complete on Wednesday. I presume a few days of testing like at Santee and it should be up and running.

Attached Files:

11. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Doesn't look like the Supercharger cabinets are even installed yet. Might be another couple of weeks on this one.

12. C.Ford

C.Ford Member

photo (2).JPG

A fellow Model S driver sent me an email today with this picture. He said it was almost ready to open. He didn't mention charging there, so I don't think they are live yet. Soon, though by the looks of it.

13. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Interesting! Look at the top left of the wooden enclosure. This is the first time I have seen what appear to be web cams. Also, it looks like the Supercharger cabinets are not installed yet.

14. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Strange that the Supercharger cabinets are still missing. That's what goes inside the wooden fence connected to those conduits sticking up from the slab. I wonder if they are having some kind of shipping issue getting the actual superchargers out here. Otherwise everything looks like it's ready, but until those cabinets show up, it certainly won't work.

15. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I think those are actually parking lot lights outside the Texas Steakhouse from airj1012 and fdog photos, not web cams.
    Yep, no ESVE cabinets on site yet.

16. fdog

fdog Member

Webcams would be a great idea, but I think it's just the parking lot lights at a weird angle.

17. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

Added the info to PlugShare. If anyone wants to edit or add pictures, feel free!

18. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Even better would be webcams that are publicly viewable so you could see how many cars are currently charging. Or even better - a web page you could go to that tells you the current charging status of all the cars currently charging. Tesla could do it if they wanted to....

19. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

I don't think that information would be much of a help right now. Currently the superchargers are spaced in a way that you need to hit each one to make your destination. The webcam wouldn't allow you to skip one supercharger and head to the next one, but only disappoint you if you had a longer wait than expected.

20. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Anyone swinging by this location this week/weekend?