TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Lynchburg, VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by swengl, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Cybarrius

Cybarrius Member

Thank you for this tidbit. I had been taking my car to Harris but I didn't like how they lifted mine

• Like x 1
  2. swengl

swengl Member

Here are a few additional pictures from this (rainy) evening. They've put in all 8 bases for the pedestals and what appears to be the majority of the conduit to this point. IMG_5681.jpg IMG_5683.jpg IMG_5684.jpg IMG_5682.jpg

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  3. swengl

swengl Member

For anyone interested, I'm putting together a FB group for local owners: (Log into Facebook | Facebook) I'd like to coordinate a meet up when this SuC opens to show our support and meet other local owners. I'm a member of a similar group centered around Roanoke and have met some very nice folks as a result.

• Like x 3
  4. swengl

swengl Member

Stopped by at lunch and there has been some progress made. They've pulled the backhoe off site (at least until they finish with running the conduits). They've added the pillars for the parking signs. IMG_5687.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
  5. swengl

swengl Member

More progress: They have buried the conduits for the pedestals and have put the gravel in around where the cabinets will sit. I couldn't see into the hole where the transformer will go, but it is probably has gravel filled in as well. It looks like there will potentially be 2 pull-in spaces (one on each end). IMG_5705.jpg IMG_5706.jpg IMG_5707.jpg IMG_5708.jpg IMG_5709.jpg

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. EA500

EA500 Member

We are getting one on my side of town at Hammersley at 2248 Lakeside drive in Lynchburg. Looking forward to these.

7. Kindog 1

Kindog 1 Member

I'm happy that they are doing this in Lynchburg. So cool. I often come down to visit my son while he is attending school, but have to be creative and use the Courtyard Marriott charger or a slow charge extension cord at his house (one day we will look back at this and laugh!). I'm puzzled why Telsa is not keeping their map up to date. Seems like an easy task for someone to do... Also I don't see the Leesburg VA marker icon showing up in the on-line map but it shows up my Tesla car display. I was installed and up and running a few weeks ago. Again, we will look back one day at all this intelligence gathering and sleuthing and laugh our A%$$ off! Nirvana is near.

8. BlueRidgeksky

BlueRidgeksky Member

You must mean Tesla destination chargers which are different from the Tesla Superchargers going in at the Sheetz.

Destination Charging | Tesla

Supercharger | Tesla

• Like x 1
  9. CT200h

CT200h Member

Perfect ! My trips from Warrenton down to Virginia international raceway in Danville will be much easier .
    Gottta love Sheetz for hooking up with Tesla , very smart people , evryrime I charge make a point to buy food there and let them know why I’m a customer.

• Like x 3
  10. EA500

EA500 Member

• Like x 1
  11. swengl

swengl Member

Any option is a good option!

12. swengl

swengl Member

Stopped by this evening. You can see that they have finished putting the signposts in (just need the signs). IMG_5806.jpg IMG_5807.jpg One of the Sheetz employees said they heard the work will be done next week. I'm assuming that's "all of the work that they can do without the pedestals". We will see! IMG_5805.jpg

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
  13. EA500

EA500 Member

I’m looking forward to it now since I picked up the “X” on Friday, I am realizing just how slow home charging is and the car came with free supercharging. Sheetz, here we come.

14. morrisdl

morrisdl Member

15. TheDoctor10

TheDoctor10 Member

Time and Space (but mostly in Charlotte, NC)
    Great news!! I was in town just last week and saw the construction as I passed and mentally noted that it sure looked suspiciously like some sort of EV charging infrastructure. Every time I visit Lynchburg, I spend too much effort to plan my charges. This will simplify things so much.

• Like x 1
  16. EA500

EA500 Member

Come on and finish this already! o_O

• Funny x 1
  17. CT200h

CT200h Member

I’m driving south to VIR in the am and may swing thru the sheetz and take some pictures. I’m driving my Lexus tomorrow as I’ll be parking in the Lexus corral and at the Lexus hospitality for the race . Can’t wait it’s going to be a beautiful day at the track !

18. CT200h

CT200h Member

Well no pictiures as I drove on by but this Supercharger is in a great spot and super easy to access off 29S and I’m sure easy to going north.
    Can’t wait to use this one.

• Like x 1
  19. swengl

swengl Member

I drove by this weekend, no additional progress has been made.

• Informative x 1
  20. K.Thomps74

K.Thomps74 New Member

Hey! New member, but I’ve been reading this post for a while now. My level 1 charging cord just crapped out on me and as a daily commuter to Lynchburg from Charlottesville, I am VERY ready for this to be open