Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynchburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checking in on this supercharger from my cars screen here in Warrenton the charger shows “reduced service”
Maybe that’s why users are seeing a lower charge rate than expected at a 250kw station?

Yup, my wife had to move to a different stall the other day. The first one wouldn't charge at all.

IMG_20200223_131251.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Kacey Green
Was in Lynchburg last weekend for the IEA show and Supercharger was 'Temporarily Unavailable'; freezing on Friday night caused car to lose 30mi of range and really cold on Saturday night so lost another 20mi of range, left it very dodgy as to whether I'd get back up to Charlottesville Supercharger on Sunday...

Courtyard by Marriott were super gracious and let me charge there on Sunday despite that I wasn't a guest, even gave me a free coffee while I waited. I'm staying at that hotel next time I'm in town!!

Was in Lynchburg last weekend for the IEA show and Supercharger was 'Temporarily Unavailable'; freezing on Friday night caused car to lose 30mi of range and really cold on Saturday night so lost another 20mi of range, left it very dodgy as to whether I'd get back up to Charlottesville Supercharger on Sunday...

Courtyard by Marriott were super gracious and let me charge there on Sunday despite that I wasn't a guest, even gave me a free coffee while I waited. I'm staying at that hotel next time I'm in town!!
I've found that most of the destination charger "owners" (hotels, BnBs, etc) will not begrudge someone a quick charge. The Goodwill that generates cannot be understated. I've definitely chosen hotels with destination chargers over others because I appreciate what they are trying to do. I try to make it a point to always at least thank one person who works there, just to show the appreciation I feel. Always check Plugshare if you get in a pinch: a lot of owners are listed and don't mind helping someone out in your situation. Glad you made it home!