Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynchburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by this morning to have a look. The site looks ready: Both cabinets look ready and have locks on them, so it looks like it is a matter of completing any permitting/inspecting and then having the power company turn things on. A few weeks sounds about right. Any local folks want to get together to celebrate when the SuC is active?

Reactions: Cyb_
A few weeks sounds about right. Any local folks want to get together to celebrate when the SuC is active?

I'm in. I stopped by today to pretend I was charging.
IMG_20200202_123705.jpg
IMG_20200202_123617.jpg
IMG_20200202_123545.jpg

I came home for Raleigh on Saturday and needless to say we need this Lynchburg charging station. I had 3 miles of range left as i pulled into the garage. It was nice to see a row of 12 chargers in Raleigh and all 12 filled as I plugged in.

It looks like you don't have to back in to the station closest to the road?

I came home for Raleigh on Saturday and needless to say we need this Lynchburg charging station. I had 3 miles of range left as i pulled into the garage. It was nice to see a row of 12 chargers in Raleigh and all 12 filled as I plugged in.

It looks like you don't have to back in to the station closest to the road?
Typically those you don’t. It’s meant for users with trailers.

Typically those you don’t. It’s meant for users with trailers.
They are hoping that folks pulling a trailer can use these without having to disconnect. There isn't a tremendous amount of room between the chargers and the spots at the building and all deliver trucks pull through the back to drop off, so blocking the lane with a trailer might not go over very well with the ICErs.

They are hoping that folks pulling a trailer can use these without having to disconnect. There isn't a tremendous amount of room between the chargers and the spots at the building and all deliver trucks pull through the back to drop off, so blocking the lane with a trailer might not go over very well with the ICErs.
Yeah. That’s the idea...honestly I haven’t seen a “trailer” setup where they weren’t blocking.....but also rarely see a X with a trailer.

Reactions: swengl