Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynchburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know what you mean by it not being on the nav screen...it may not show up in the "nearby" list if you are not close enough to it, but it's showing up on my nav screen as 6 of 8 stalls available at the moment. Lexington is there as well, although it's dimmed on my screen (presumably a bit too far away). But you can still click it and it also says 6 of 8 stalls available.

40AC9F0A-E628-4281-BFED-5C7FB9988722.jpeg I’m sorry, you are correct. The station wasn’t nearby enough, and with the screen zoomed in, you can barely see the grayed out area. Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: Kacey Green
I’m Not too happy with my attempt to charge there today. I arrived with only 19 miles of range left, 5 of the 8 chargers were broken and the other 3 would not connect to my car. I made it home with only 3 miles remaining but would not want to rely on this station if I didn’t live close by.

Last edited:
It looks like Tesla may be aware of the issue, as the app now shows 0 of 0 stalls available.

View attachment 557753

That's good to know. I reported it on Plugshare, I arrived with under 50% and had to slow drive it down to Greensboro with 6% left, and that station was barely working with everyone pulling just 32kw and 4 stalls not connecting.

It worked great on last Wednesday, I pulled 250kw!

Reactions: Kacey Green
Arrived on Sunday around like 1:30 PM, all 8 were not working, ruined our first ever long distance trip in our Model Y. We had to go to a local destination charger at the marriott and wait for 2 hours so we could drive to the Farmville charger.

If the station was down, why did Tesla even route us there?

Arrived on Sunday around like 1:30 PM, all 8 were not working, ruined our first ever long distance trip in our Model Y. We had to go to a local destination charger at the marriott and wait for 2 hours so we could drive to the Farmville charger.

If the station was down, why did Tesla even route us there?

That's a bummer. I know it's a sour taste now but it's certainly a very rare thing. Usually you might find a stall or 2 busted but never, well almost never, everything.

I thought my Y was broken when I arrived. I tried 3 random chargers and they were all flashing red, car said out of order. I tried the rest of the them. The Y said "starting to charge" and then after 2 minutes it failed and said check cables. It's disappointing for sure and there is no other DC charging nearby. I bought a Chademo just for these kinds of problems.

I thought my Y was broken when I arrived. I tried 3 random chargers and they were all flashing red, car said out of order. I tried the rest of the them. The Y said "starting to charge" and then after 2 minutes it failed and said check cables. It's disappointing for sure and there is no other DC charging nearby. I bought a Chademo just for these kinds of problems.
It feels a little foolish trying 8 chargers.

LMK if you need a charge in Lynchburg. I have an 80A HPWC at the house and will be around all day tomorrow.
Thanks, but this will be during the last leg of an 800 mile, 15 hour trip, so will be utilizing Superchargers exclusively. I made it from Mt. Jackson all the way to Durham last summer, so I know I have the range. I will just make sure I stop in Staunton and not assume Lynchburg is up.

Reactions: swengl and SigNC
Tesla Nav is still showing this SC as temporarily closed, but we just stopped by (3PM - Friday, July 10th) since we had to use the restrooms @ Sheetz anyway and it looks like it's back operational again. A Pepsi truck was blocking all the spaces but one, but that charger (next to the transformer) worked fine for us. Seemed to peak out at ~150-160kW for our new MY, but then again I wasn't paying close attention either.

Pretty happy it was open since now we can skip the Roanoke SC and go directly to Fairy Stone State Park for some weekend camping!

Reactions: dsnows and RTPEV
Tesla Nav is still showing this SC as temporarily closed, but we just stopped by (3PM - Friday, July 10th) since we had to use the restrooms @ Sheetz anyway and it looks like it's back operational again. A Pepsi truck was blocking all the spaces but one, but that charger (next to the transformer) worked fine for us. Seemed to peak out at ~150-160kW for our new MY, but then again I wasn't paying close attention either.

Pretty happy it was open since now we can skip the Roanoke SC and go directly to Fairy Stone State Park for some weekend camping!
Not to derail the thread, but how are you enjoying your MY? If you have some time, I'd love to DM with you since I'm thinking of buying one for my wife.