Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lynnfield, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not familiar with the area but with Tesla's map showing both Lynnfield and Beverly there is certainly the possibility that one of these will be a service/delivery center like Dedham. Should this end up being Lynnfield that would have different requirements then a supercharger location only. Are there any closed car dealerships in the area that Tesla might be interested in?

That is a good point, since Lynnfield and Beverly are fairly close together. I'm not familiar at the street level with Lynnfield either, but that area as well as the Rt 1 area has a fair number of businesses so I don't think finding a building will be too much of a problem. It makes sense to put a Service Center further north to service the northern New England states.

It makes sense to put a Service Center further north to service the northern New England states.
I'd expect a service center/store in southern NH before northern MA. They need a delivery location outside of MA to handle northern New England deliveries. Any delivery in MA requires payment of MA sales tax, regardless of where the car is registered. Residents of VT, ME, and NH (all with lower sales tax rates than MA) aren't going to put up with paying MA sales tax on their new cars.

Currently, Tesla ships cars to buyers in VT, NH, and ME to work around this. That won't scale for Model 3 volumes.

Reactions: aronth5
I'd expect a service center/store in southern NH before northern MA. They need a delivery location outside of MA to handle northern New England deliveries.

I thought New Hampshire passed legislation to allow Tesla to open stores there. Wonder why Tesla hasn't opened a store yet? Not enough volume? Delivering cars from there instead of MA would solve the MA sales tax issue for NH, ME and VT... I'm ok with a service center in southern NH too...

I thought New Hampshire passed legislation to allow Tesla to open stores there. Wonder why Tesla hasn't opened a store yet? Not enough volume? Delivering cars from there instead of MA would solve the MA sales tax issue for NH, ME and VT... I'm ok with a service center in southern NH too...

Yup, we're just patiently waiting for Tesla. Might even say that NH was prepared to welcome Tesla three years before the company was founded in 2003. In the alternate universe of NH, even the New Hampshire Auto Dealers Association are the good guys.
New Hampshire dealer bill signed into law

ICE’d 12/19/19 5:30 pm
Who’s Mall is this?
No signs.
2BFC68B9-5D5E-481A-83C1-B605C8F8F18B.jpeg