Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make, so please bear with us for the time being. Cheers!

Supercharger - Macedonia, OH

airj1012

Jun 20, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
A thread dedicated the the construction and progress of the Macedonia, OH supercharger.

Google Maps -
http://goo.gl/VhoufB
Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated)

Also below are some pictures from user FatSal from another thread.

IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0861.jpg

NEWDL

R#350 R#1323 Sig23(traded) 8136, RWD LR 3, P3D
Jan 5, 2009
NE OHIO
Awesome! I drive through Macedonia every day so I happy to stop by on request!

Oct 9, 2013
Iowa
For those heading out there, the SC site is located is off of route 82 (E Aurora Rd), in the parking lot near OfficeMax and opposite the Steak 'n Shake / Pizza Hut (as seen in the pictures above). Slightly different from the original address @ 8210 Macedonia Commons Boulevard, maybe, but still in the same plaza.

ojb83yY.jpg

jonjiv

Aug 21, 2013
Ohio
As promised, here are a few update photos from the snowy Macedonia, OH Supercharger. There's a tent up over the charger portion of the site, but I was able to peak through a hole in the tent to get a photo.

IMG_6380.jpg

The entire site. Parking spaces on the right of the tent.

IMG_6381.jpg

Parking spaces. Newly installed First Energy transformer.

IMG_6386.jpg

Peak inside the tent. No charging equipment installed yet.

JakeP

S P4996 ==> P02547
Apr 27, 2012
Bradfordwoods, PA
Thanks for the stealthy pics, jonjiv! Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be charging there when I am in town next weekend, but I will be sure to stop by and take a look.

Greg G

Mar 23, 2013
Arlington, VA
Jake -- I've got my eye on it too. I'm planning another trip to Michigan on 12/23, but still debating between taking the Tesla or the Prius..... Superchargers in MD and OH would make the trip a lot easier.

Are you going to be around? We may be up for another pit stop at your place.

Greg.

JakeP

S P4996 ==> P02547
Apr 27, 2012
Bradfordwoods, PA
Thanks so much Newdl, but I have a NEMA 14-50 in Hudson where I will be staying. I just wanted to try Supercharging for the first time as a novelty!

Greg G, you are welcome to use my HPWC if you dare make the trip again in colder weather. It's really too bad this batch of SCs didn't make it online for Holiday travel, but by Spring Break this should be a distant memory.

purplewalt

Jun 9, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Jake P, I have an HPWC you can use in Fairlawn (44333) if you need...

As evidenced in NEWDL's unsolicited offer: In case anyone failed to notice, Tesla is not just building Superchargers, we as owners are also building an awesome COMMUNITY.
BIG Thank You to Tesla Motors and TMC for the chance to be part of such a strong and sharing group.

Joel

Mar 24, 2011
Michigan
Jake -- I've got my eye on it too. I'm planning another trip to Michigan on 12/23, but still debating between taking the Tesla or the Prius..... Superchargers in MD and OH would make the trip a lot easier.

Are you going to be around? We may be up for another pit stop at your place.

Greg.

Greg where in Michigan are you traveling. Let me know if you need to Charge in Michigan (I have an HPWC at my home and one at our office).

Greg G

Mar 23, 2013
Arlington, VA
Michiganmodels -- thanks for the offer. I'm actually heading to the Michigan suburbs of Toledo, OH. (My mom lives 1/2 mile across the state line.) It looks like this will be a trip in the Prius, but thankfully my last.

Joel

Mar 24, 2011
Michigan
Michiganmodels -- thanks for the offer. I'm actually heading to the Michigan suburbs of Toledo, OH. (My mom lives 1/2 mile across the state line.) It looks like this will be a trip in the Prius, but thankfully my last.

There is a SC under construction in Toledo, OH. I'm under a gag order on further details, but I can say this will be your last trip in the Prius for that trip.

Oct 9, 2013
Iowa
There is a SC under construction in Toledo, OH. I'm under a gag order on further details, but I can say this will be your last trip in the Prius for that trip.
!

Well, I've been checking council minutes in a number of the popular places (Toledo, Maumee, Perrysburg, Springfield Twp) and found nothing, although Holland hasn't posted any for the past few months. I'm curious now why you're not allowed to disclose the info. I'd go scout around this weekend, but it's a lot of areas to check out... did I miss something or am I looking in the wrong places?

jonjiv

Aug 21, 2013
Ohio
Fresh update from the Macedonia location. Stopped by today. Doesn't look like it will be finished by Christmas or New Years. Probably first week of January, I would guess.

IMG_6390.jpg

Banner sign out front now.

IMG_6391.jpg

Parking spots with frames for charging cables.

IMG_6394.jpg

Inside tent. Brick enclosure for charging equipment going up.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC