TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Macedonia, OH

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by airj1012, Dec 7, 2013.

1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

A thread dedicated the the construction and progress of the Macedonia, OH supercharger.

Google Maps -
    http://goo.gl/VhoufB
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated)

Also below are some pictures from user FatSal from another thread.

IMG_0860.jpg IMG_0861.jpg

2. 772

772 Member

excellent! I'll try my best to check on this site now and then!

3. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

Awesome! I drive through Macedonia every day so I happy to stop by on request!

4. 772

772 Member

For those heading out there, the SC site is located is off of route 82 (E Aurora Rd), in the parking lot near OfficeMax and opposite the Steak 'n Shake / Pizza Hut (as seen in the pictures above). Slightly different from the original address @ 8210 Macedonia Commons Boulevard, maybe, but still in the same plaza.

ojb83yY.jpg

5. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

6. jonjiv

jonjiv Member

I'm in this area every Sunday. I'll try to stop by with my dSLR each week to snap some nice progress photos.

Excited to see the first Ohio location pop up so close!

7. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Awesome, thanks! It'll be a weekly timelapse, but hopefully there will only be 3-4 weeks to compare!

8. jonjiv

jonjiv Member

As promised, here are a few update photos from the snowy Macedonia, OH Supercharger. There's a tent up over the charger portion of the site, but I was able to peak through a hole in the tent to get a photo.

IMG_6380.jpg
    The entire site. Parking spaces on the right of the tent.

IMG_6381.jpg
    Parking spaces. Newly installed First Energy transformer.

IMG_6386.jpg
    Peak inside the tent. No charging equipment installed yet.

9. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Thanks for the stealthy pics, jonjiv! Unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be charging there when I am in town next weekend, but I will be sure to stop by and take a look.

10. NEWDL

NEWDL R#350 R#1323 Sig23 8136

Jake P, I have an HPWC you can use in Fairlawn (44333) if you need...

11. Greg G

Greg G Member

Jake -- I've got my eye on it too. I'm planning another trip to Michigan on 12/23, but still debating between taking the Tesla or the Prius..... Superchargers in MD and OH would make the trip a lot easier.

Are you going to be around? We may be up for another pit stop at your place.

Greg.

12. JakeP

JakeP S P4996 / X P6028

Thanks so much Newdl, but I have a NEMA 14-50 in Hudson where I will be staying. I just wanted to try Supercharging for the first time as a novelty!

Greg G, you are welcome to use my HPWC if you dare make the trip again in colder weather. It's really too bad this batch of SCs didn't make it online for Holiday travel, but by Spring Break this should be a distant memory.

13. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

As evidenced in NEWDL's unsolicited offer: In case anyone failed to notice, Tesla is not just building Superchargers, we as owners are also building an awesome COMMUNITY.
    BIG Thank You to Tesla Motors and TMC for the chance to be part of such a strong and sharing group.

14. sms_327

sms_327 Member

Anyone have any idea why they favored this location versus one in greater Youngstown as seen in the original plan?

15. Joel

Joel Active Member

Greg where in Michigan are you traveling. Let me know if you need to Charge in Michigan (I have an HPWC at my home and one at our office).

16. Greg G

Greg G Member

Michiganmodels -- thanks for the offer. I'm actually heading to the Michigan suburbs of Toledo, OH. (My mom lives 1/2 mile across the state line.) It looks like this will be a trip in the Prius, but thankfully my last.

17. Joel

Joel Active Member

There is a SC under construction in Toledo, OH. I'm under a gag order on further details, but I can say this will be your last trip in the Prius for that trip.

18. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

How about some clues for Greg G and then he can break the news, haha. Very few holes left - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

19. 772

772 Member

!

Well, I've been checking council minutes in a number of the popular places (Toledo, Maumee, Perrysburg, Springfield Twp) and found nothing, although Holland hasn't posted any for the past few months. I'm curious now why you're not allowed to disclose the info. I'd go scout around this weekend, but it's a lot of areas to check out... did I miss something or am I looking in the wrong places?

20. jonjiv

jonjiv Member

Fresh update from the Macedonia location. Stopped by today. Doesn't look like it will be finished by Christmas or New Years. Probably first week of January, I would guess.

IMG_6390.jpg
    Banner sign out front now.

IMG_6391.jpg
    Parking spots with frames for charging cables.

IMG_6394.jpg
    Inside tent. Brick enclosure for charging equipment going up.