Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macedonia, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried charging in Macedonia last night. It was my first supercharge. The maximum charge speed I saw was only 75kw. I called Tesla and they thought it might have been related to the cold temperatures (19F last night). I started with about 75 miles on my P85 so I don't think it was tapering yet. I found charger 3B refused to charge (car reported "Check charge cable"), but 3A worked fine. Tesla asked me to move to another bank, so I tried 1B and still only got 75kw.

Anyone get near 120kw yet?

I saw 110 kW on 1A last night, before the ribbon cutting. I tapered down quickly, and took 30 mins to get 120 miles, starting at 50 miles, I think because it was six degrees F.

Here are some pics of the ribbon cutting ceremony today, where I had the pleasure of meeting MLascano, Letrit, Andrew G and a host of great Tesla folks, along with the owners of the shopping plaza DDR Corp, who were genuinely excited to be introducing their second SpC location in the US (the first is outside of Richmond, VA). They are some of the people cutting the actual ribbon. I am also including some obligatory Flat Stanley shots for Monsoon, as my others didn't upload so well from Tapatalk.

Macedonia 10.JPG
Macedonia 12.JPG
Macedonia 17.JPG
Macedonia 18.JPG

Macedonia 15.JPG
Macedonia 9.JPG

Thanks for the pictures JakeP. The weather today was awful, so it's pretty amazing that there was such a turnout. I would have loved to meet some local Tesla owners.

Unfortunately, I got off work around 11 after working the night before and basically just crashed for a few hours after that. Also, I don't have a Model S so I didn't even realize this was today.

We counted nine, two were Tesla fleet vehicles from Cincy and Columbus (a Grey and a Brown). We were all wondering where you and 772 were, Sgt Barone!

Awesome pictures, JakeP! And like 772, I am merely an enthusiast and not an owner, which means I do not receive those emails. I found out about the opening ceremony an hour too late. Hope to see all of you soon at a future event.

Bummer, I thought you guys both knew about it! There were some enthusiasts there along with owners...we need to get you to one of these events and get you behind the wheel! Fortunately there will be more in the area in coming months.

I have been a Tesla enthusiast for three years and have never ridden in a Model S or a Roadster. I have gotten to sit in a Model S, but that was in the Easton store. I can't wait to ride in one!

Bummer, I thought you guys both knew about it! There were some enthusiasts there along with owners...we need to get you to one of these events and get you behind the wheel! Fortunately there will be more in the area in coming months.
Yes, I think there will be many more. I got a chance to test drive a Model S when I was visiting some family in Columbus. Four of us went to the store and two of us got to drive. Only I knew anything about the car going in, but the others wanted to see it, too. It was a P85 and a blast to drive. I'm not really in a position financially to buy a MS yet, and my commute is quite short. That may change if/when I move next year and I might consider buying a Roadster at that point :smile:

Huge void in SC network for folks traveling East on I-90. There really should be a SC east and west of Cleveland on I-90. This location is helpful if you're in Cleveland and heading south, but not if you are in Cleveland and heading east or west or traveling along I-90 in either direction.

Reactions: mrElbe