Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mackinaw City, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are several more restaurants down the street which will offer more variety but at that point it's like a 10 min walk.

The city is made for walking though... It's what you do when up there. Heck, it's about all you can do on the Island (short of riding a bike).

I'm planning to be up there on the 26th or 27th. I'll see if I can get some new pictures. Hopefully we'll see some progress.

I get that, but when you are supercharging and decide to walk 10 minutes down the road only to realize that while you are walking around or eating somewhere, you get a notification about idle fees and all of a sudden have to get back to the car asap and move it.

Well, it's going to be a V3 site...so if you've got a M3, then you maybe don't even leave the car as it will charge so quick. But it's also Mackinaw City...and I'm not sure I feel like there will be so many Teslas all charging at the same time that you're going to incur idle fees...

But I guess we'll see how busy it is when it opens. But I'm thinking this is still Michigan and not California. Summer weekends might be the only time you have to worry about it.

upload_2019-10-27_21-37-54.png

Reactions: FalconAndy
I’m assuming this won’t be complete until late spring or early summer.

Nobody really knows when Tesla superchargers go “live”.

I think the cast of the movie “Mystery Men”, somehow controls the supercharger plot line.

Supercharger sites are selected by Captain Amazing, another one of Elon’s roles.

Superchargers are started by Eddy / The Shoveler, a quarry worker-turned-superhero that wields a shovel.

They seem to be installed by Invisible Boy, a superhero who can only become invisible if nobody is looking. so they get installed when no-one is looking.

Then the plot line gets confusing, with the Sphinx or Blue Raja activates the Superchargers or maybe Mr. Furious successfully activates the chargers. Nobody knows...

Fundamentally it’s a mystery.

• Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I’ll be driving the minivan until this SC and either Escanaba or Marquette is complete. Didn’t quite realize SR+ in winter couldn’t get me to Marquette to visit family. Will stop at locations and provide updates/pics too.
Traverse City to Marquette is 283 miles, so yeah no way you are doing that on one charge in a SR+.