Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Maclean , NSW (Prev. Harwood)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla eyes off new site for Northern Rivers expansion

(paywalled, article below)

05JluDZ.png

An unexpected location! Not that far south from the Knockrow location (58 km), but it might be more preferable for some since it is on the highway. It's 230 km south of Brisbane.

I'm not sure if any Tesla owners are in the area but it may pay to attend the community meeting on July 7 if you would like to have your voice heard!

(Edit: Upon adding the address to supercharge.info I found the museum is technically Woodburn, but both the café and rest area right next door are “New Italy” – so I’ll leave the name as that, for now)

Last edited:
It would be interesting to see if this could be open for the Xmas travel season.... they haven;t started construction...

Between Knockrow and Coffs Harbour, there is a single NRMA charger in Grafton... that may get busy in the holiday travel season..

We can make it Knockrow to Coffs in a Model 3 SR+, I just like to have a contingency.

I would hope so :D

BTW - future Chargefox locations at Ballina and Moonee Beach:

2 Moonee Beach Rd Moonee Beach NSW 2450
44 Bangalow Rd Ballina NSW 2478

Yes, those ChargeFox locations are listed as under construction.....

Moonee Beach is close to Coffs....

This is just our first Xmas road trip Sunshine Coast to Sydney, I can see that there will be a lot more charging options in 6-12 months,,,

So big news :) I was hunting development applications up and down the highway and found this one at the Clarence Valley Council (submitted and approved last year). Valuation looks high enough to be a supercharger but also possibly Evie or Chargefox:

image.png

This site appears to be the Harwood Hotel:

upload_2020-1-17_22-52-50.png

I sent them a message on Facebook and they confirmed they are hosting a Tesla supercharger (I didn't prompt, just said "what kind of charging station"), it is under construction now and should be complete by the end of the month!

It is well spaced from other stations:

upload_2020-1-17_23-6-14.png

As for a photo, that's a bit hard for me :) I might leave it to whoever is driving past next to check number of stalls, current status, etc!

(I used the New Italy thread as nothing has progressed at that site and this is only 40 km away. @meloccom could you please change the thread title to "Supercharger - Harwood NSW"?)

So big news :) I was hunting development applications up and down the highway and found this one at the Clarence Valley Council (submitted and approved last year). Valuation looks high enough to be a supercharger but also possibly Evie or Chargefox:

image.png

This site appears to be the Harwood Hotel:

View attachment 501224

I sent them a message on Facebook and they confirmed they are hosting a Tesla supercharger (I didn't prompt, just said "what kind of charging station"), it is under construction now and should be complete by the end of the month!

It is well spaced from other stations:

View attachment 501225

As for a photo, that's a bit hard for me :) I might leave it to whoever is driving past next to check number of stalls, current status, etc!

(I used the New Italy thread as nothing has progressed at that site and this is only 40 km away. @meloccom could you please change the thread title to "Supercharger - Harwood NSW"?)
Fantastic work as always!

Next to it there is the 'Harwood Island General Store' and the 'Harwood Island Post Office' (10 Morpeth Street, Harwood. NSW 2465) so if anyone wanted to grab a quick snak & drink and stretch the legs while charging

There is a supermarket (SPAR Maclean - 4 River Street, Maclean. NSW 2463) and multiple cafe's about 7km (8 minute drive) from the SuperCharger, and a fish & chips shop (Clarence River Fishermen's Co-Op - 51 River Street, Maclean. NSW 2463) only 5km (6 minute drive) from the SC.

At Harwood as we speak, still no progress, overgrown and hasn’t been touched unfortunately That’s a bummer. How ever the pole next to the site does have a brand new looking transformer and high voltage wiring down into the ground, so looks setup from a grid perspective.

1808811E-8091-4072-AA3E-20B004ACB3DE.jpeg

516278BC-3602-43C7-915B-A623C6754600.jpeg