Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macon, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's live as of 9p 12/22/18.

I couldn't get the head-in spot to latch properly (orange light) but I tried one of the back-in spaces and it worked.

IMG_20181222_212027.jpg IMG_20181222_212251.jpg

Not sure who I need to let know to mark it live on supercharge.info, but there ya go.

Charging here right now. Started off at 375 mph, but if course falling quickly in my 85. At 166 miles of range, it has fallen to 175 mph.

There's a very nice looking Model 3 charging also. Really glad to see Teslas in Georgia.

We badly need more superchargers though. We are headed back from New Orleans (to savannah). We had to go 25 miles out of our way to hit this supercharger (granted the original Macon charger would have been 5 miles closer, but not worth the danger). Had there been a supercharger in Warner Robins, GA, our trip would have been 1 hour less - and 50 less miles on my car.

We are headed back from New Orleans (to Savannah). We had to go 25 miles out of our way to hit this supercharger (granted the original Macon charger would have been 5 miles closer, but not worth the danger). Had there been a supercharger in Warner Robins, GA, our trip would have been 1 hour less - and 50 less miles on my car.

Was that the route recommended by the car? Seems evtripplanner.com and tesla.com/trips both recommend a route mostly along I-10 and then through Tifton. Not criticizing your choice (it looks like the Tifton route would include a lot of non-Interstate driving), just curious if it was intentional or if there's a discrepancy between what the car and the website are recommending.

Was that the route recommended by the car? Seems evtripplanner.com and tesla.com/trips both recommend a route mostly along I-10 and then through Tifton. Not criticizing your choice (it looks like the Tifton route would include a lot of non-Interstate driving), just curious if it was intentional or if there's a discrepancy between what the car and the website are recommending.

Yes, I followed the cars recommended route.

On Plugshare, someone has reported that the Macon downtown site (at the museum, not Tom Hill Blvd) has disappeared from in-car navigation. Can anyone confirm? It's still showing up on the Tesla website map.

Note: this TMC thread is about BOTH supercharging locations in the Macon area. We never split the thread when the new site popped up because we thought the old site was going to get closed down. The above news / question is about the site located downtown.

On Plugshare, someone has reported that the Macon downtown site (at the museum, not Tom Hill Blvd) has disappeared from in-car navigation. Can anyone confirm? It's still showing up on the Tesla website map.

Note: this TMC thread is about BOTH supercharging locations in the Macon area. We never split the thread when the new site popped up because we thought the old site was going to get closed down. The above news / question is about the site located downtown.
I noticed this yesterday as well. I only see the Tom Hill Rd SC and not the downtown one. I know there has been some threads about the safety of using that the Macon downtown SC at night and on Sundays when the Convention Center is usually closed.
Maybe Tesla decided to close it?

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisC
Moderator note: This message was merged from a thread started in the Model Y forum.

Returning from a 4800 mi. trip to Colorado ABRP said to charge in Macon. Directions took me to the Supercharger. Not paying much attention, I got out and plugged in. Screen took a few seconds to announce that the station was not powered. I moved to a different Charger, no joy. The STATION was not powered, none of the units worked at the only supercharger in Macon. I went to a destination charger at a nearby motel, 6 miles per hour of charge. Had 100 miles to go to another charger.....
I had put more in the battery at the stop previous to Macon than ABRP said to so it looked like I could make it there if I went slow and turned everything off. Which I did.
I then got behind a slow moving semi and followed him until he hit a weigh station. Made it to the next Supercharger with 2 percent left.
I don't know why the station in Macon was not powered, but there was no way to warn others, no way to "call it in".
It seems this incident should be unusual, anyone have a similar story?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK here's my theory on what's going in the report above. Since the old downtown Supercharger site has been removed from in-car nav (why, we don't know), he was directed to the only one he saw in Macon, the Tom Hill Blvd site about 10 miles north. What went wrong there I have no idea; there have been no other complaints about that site, either here on TMC or on Plugshare. It's too bad that he didn't know about the downtown site that he could have used as a fallback.

By the way, Plugshare has removed the Supercharger plug type from the downtown listing. So now even harder to find. I sure hope Tesla has a plan here.