Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macon, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm. Depends on what constitutes major.

Boise ID, Salt Lake City UT, Kansas City MO, Oklahoma City OK, Memphis TN, Little Rock AR, Birmingham AL, Louisville KY, El Paso TX all come to mind. Probably more if you use 150 road miles rather 150 straight line miles (e.g., St. Louis MO, Indianapolis, IN).

LOL... I guess you're right. I personally would consider that to be a list of medium to large cities, but not major. But I guess that is subjective.

Hmmm. Depends on what constitutes major.

Boise ID, Salt Lake City UT, Kansas City MO, Oklahoma City OK, Memphis TN, Little Rock AR, Birmingham AL, Louisville KY, El Paso TX all come to mind. Probably more if you use 150 road miles rather 150 straight line miles (e.g., St. Louis MO, Indianapolis, IN).

Louisville, KY
Nashville, TN
Birmingham, AL

Out of the top 30 metro areas by pop none of those listed is even close to Atlanta (yeah that's right we're bigger than Boston: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas). The only one in the top 30 missing is San Juan, PR (which probably doesn't have the destinations require for a supercharger). Kansas City is sitting at 31 (30 if you pull out the PR locations) and would be the largest sized city on the list. (You could argue that the Texas quad-cities are still not connected to the greater SC network).

The other major standouts are Toronto, Montreal. And considering their proximity to the supercharger network it is a wonder they are not connected yet.

sitting at the Macon supercharger now. these things are amazing. Way better than I imagined. i filled up the 130 miles I burned coming down. (I tried really hard to burn more energy but I could only manage 330 Wh/mi despite driving at borderline arrest me speeds). Only took 35 minutes.

this car cruises like nothing else. so quiet so fast so smooth.

sent from the model s 17" so forgive poor typing.

Out of the top 30 metro areas by pop none of those listed is even close to Atlanta (yeah that's right we're bigger than Boston: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_of_United_States_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas). The only one in the top 30 missing is San Juan, PR (which probably doesn't have the destinations require for a supercharger). Kansas City is sitting at 31 (30 if you pull out the PR locations) and would be the largest sized city on the list. (You could argue that the Texas quad-cities are still not connected to the greater SC network).

The other major standouts are Toronto, Montreal. And considering their proximity to the supercharger network it is a wonder they are not connected yet.

I claim that St Louis (#19 and 168 miles from Normal) and Kansas City (#30 and 342 miles from Albert Lea) are the missing links that will be connected with the I-70 Build Out. I agree that the Texas Island needs connections east and west....

Second request for tips

Could someone please start a post for Macon on the Tips thread on the Tesla Motors Site, Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors
since this looks from the photos like it may be hard to locate, and also info about bathrooms, restaurants in walking distance etc. Looks like the build is coming along quickly. Hope to be able to do Jacksonville to Atlanta (via Savannah) in early June.
Link is to the correct thread even though it looks like it is to the sign-in page.

"I have used the free public charger at the Bibb courthouse a couple of times. They have great restaurants around there, but how about where the new Macon SC is?
AJ"

Still no information about the Macon Supercharger posted on the Tesla Motors forum 'Tips' thread. Sure would be helpful if someone from the Macon area could provide some insights. Thanks very much.

Charged tonight in Macon just to experience supercharging for the first time. I added 60 miles in less than 15 minutes. I was already at 140 when I arrived. I am truly impresses with Elon's vision. It was a great experience that made me look to the future. As for restaurants around the area. We looked around and there were a few. It's honestly not a great area and I would be concerned walking around at night. I am kind shocked that Macon is fairly run down.

Charged tonight in Macon just to experience supercharging for the first time. I added 60 miles in less than 15 minutes. I was already at 140 when I arrived. I am truly impresses with Elon's vision. It was a great experience that made me look to the future. As for restaurants around the area. We looked around and there were a few. It's honestly not a great area and I would be concerned walking around at night. I am kind shocked that Macon is fairly run down.

is the Macon supercharger usable but not officially open yet?

I have used the free public charger at the Bibb courthouse a couple of times. They have great restaurants around there, but how about where the new Macon SC is?

AJ

It is perfectly located in the first post in this thread.

"I have used the free public charger at the Bibb courthouse a couple of times. They have great restaurants around there, but how about where the new Macon SC is?
AJ"

Still no information about the Macon Supercharger posted on the Tesla Motors forum 'Tips' thread. Sure would be helpful if someone from the Macon area could provide some insights. Thanks very much.

It is perfectly located in the first post in this thread.

is the Macon supercharger usable but not officially open yet?

It is switched on, and well in an open parking lot. They haven't put it up on their site yet. But the power is switched on, and access is open. 4 of the stations had some tape on the cables. There was a "PODS" container still on site, and it looked like they were going to put a little roof over the power station, that wasn't complete.

I charged there Sunday morning no issues at all. I would fully expect to be able to use the Supercharger there without issue, but until the opening ceremony (or it shows up on the site) have a backup plan.

Ah don't scare me.... this is my plan (driving around the country)

but there is the plug just up the road at the courthouse but that will not be nearly as fast.

I charged there Sunday morning no issues at all. I would fully expect to be able to use the Supercharger there without issue, but until the opening ceremony (or it shows up on the site) have a backup plan.

It's now listed and mapped at Tesla's supercharger site, but the page shows 8 stalls rather than the 7 shown on the data page at http://supercharge.info

Anyone know which is correct?

It's 8. The individual page still has a small bug. The blue line indicating the route is missing.

The photo is not entirely accurate as some work has been completed since this photo. Mostly a wooden enclosure was created to hide the heavy equipment.
10352151_10202049778952256_59600819898387983_n.jpg

10294454_10152018073855667_8568466798420400188_n.jpg

I'd like to echo a previous request for tips on the surrounding area here. When we are road tripping, a stop must include convenient restroom access for the family. If we pull in here at 9:30am on a Saturday or Sunday morning on the way to FL, where do we go while charging? Any info would be much appreciated.

The visitor center has restrooms. I went to the Harriet Tubman museum about 1/4 mile away.

I'd like to echo a previous request for tips on the surrounding area here. When we are road tripping, a stop must include convenient restroom access for the family. If we pull in here at 9:30am on a Saturday or Sunday morning on the way to FL, where do we go while charging? Any info would be much appreciated.