Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macquarie Park, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think ChargePoint are giving up on Australia which is a bit sad, but all their gear locally seems to be J-1772.
I've heard from a couple of sources in the past 6 months that Chargefox have been trying to sell their Australian network but are asking far far too much considering the ageing and outdated equipment. I suspect they'll just cut their losses and leave, existing chargepoint chargers just won't be supported anymore and once broken will be removed.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman
I've heard from a couple of sources in the past 6 months that Chargefox have been trying to sell their Australian network but are asking far far too much considering the ageing and outdated equipment. I suspect they'll just cut their losses and leave, existing chargepoint chargers just won't be supported anymore and once broken will be removed.

Did you meant Chargepoint in the first sentence?

Reactions: Chuq
Tom with a video coming from the NorthWest/ Herring Rd side.

Think key point is to take the furthest entrance when you come up the ramp, then just follow the Valet signs.

Yep - there are also red Tesla Superchargers direction signs installed now on some of the ramps.

As an aside: that's my black Model S in Tom's video - he's a nice guy and always up for a chat.

Thanks,
Shane.

• Informative
Reactions: moa999
Interesting... Supercharger now live in-car and on Teslas website.

In-car shows correct 8 stalls (despite the 5 charging cabinets), but Teslas website shows 10 stalls.. but there's only 8 stalls currently there. Must be awaiting parts for the extra two, or they're future proofing and will add them down the track.

Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 12.15.52 pm.png

• Informative
Reactions: baillies and Vostok
Were the 22kW chargers at Macquarie ever listed on Plugshare? It's only the Supercharger listed now.

Yes the Chargepoint chargers were on Plugshare ... but people mucked around with the location attempting to add the Supercharger, the problem is Plugshare will only add a Supercharger when it's officially added to Teslas website, which it now has been.

Last edited:
Tried this today with ~4 in use. Plugged in at ~60%, started charging and then took the whole string down. We were not the most popular visitors with the other cars, but this must be a faulty install. As of this writing it's not showing the stall status e.g. n/8 so I assume it's still broken.

I think it was just a teething problem. Only seemed to be down for a few hours and only installed few days ago.
Still it is a bit sloppy of the installer if the problem was load when full, likely scenario given time of outage was lunchtime Saturday at a shopping centre.