Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Macquarie Park, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, this info is repeated on Tesla's find us map as well. There are heaps of superchargers on Tesla's map with similarly incorrect information. I don't know how they manage to get stuff like this wrong. Even TheDriven reported that the site had 10 stalls. Tesla opens new supercharger site at Sydney's Macquarie Park | The Driven
I will say, there's two spots that have been painted with "TESLA ONLY", have bollards blocking these two spots off and there's room for 2 more stalls. I think they ran out and are waiting on the extra two to arrive, so it will be a 10 stall soon.

Are there AC chargers at the Macquarie complex as well?. I was planning a trip down to the Uni and could get there with less than 10% left, but I need to be absolutely certain I can charge.
Very unlikely the superchargers would be down, I would rely on them.
The AC charger is a J1776, so you'd need an adapter. Much better off with the superchargers.
If you're desperate there is a destination charger at Eden Gardens nursery, about 30 minutes walk from the uni. It's set to a fairly slow speed if I recall, maybe 4 or 5kW.

Reactions: Shallowal
Charged there twice now. With the current restrictions, a pleasure! Place largely deserted, but last time 2 other cars were there on my arrival. It is also a 24 hour venue (for charging) and yes I think they ran short of super chargers for the last 2 spots. Pity my car has its charge speed restricted, but even so, it was at a higher rate than st Leonards. The units don’t LOOK like transplants from st Leonards, in fact they look brand new.

There’s been a pallet of something delivered to the site today. 10 x something.
Aren’t we expecting two new stalls?

Attachments

• 635CB78A-0796-4ED9-865A-F17A34EA6245.jpeg
    635CB78A-0796-4ED9-865A-F17A34EA6245.jpeg
    333.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 100CB977-4D00-458C-AB2F-F16CE8427783.jpeg
    100CB977-4D00-458C-AB2F-F16CE8427783.jpeg
    410.8 KB · Views: 65
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP and ARMARM
Charged there twice now. With the current restrictions, a pleasure! Place largely deserted, but last time 2 other cars were there on my arrival. It is also a 24 hour venue (for charging) and yes I think they ran short of super chargers for the last 2 spots. Pity my car has its charge speed restricted, but even so, it was at a higher rate than st Leonards. The units don’t LOOK like transplants from st Leonards, in fact they look brand new.
Yes new ..according to the in car maps they're 150kw capable units atm..st Leonard's ones were 120kw same as what they are at Broadway.. can also see the specs at the Super charger on the red plastic on the inside of the arch

Almost no point for a V3 with the SR+ then given they only hit 170kW for a few minutes if these are 150kW.

It also interesting that Tesla is installing these chargers where at similar urban spots in the US it would be more likely to be a 72kW Urban charger

Almost no point for a V3 with the SR+ then given they only hit 170kW for a few minutes if these are 150kW.

It also interesting that Tesla is installing these chargers where at similar urban spots in the US it would be more likely to be a 72kW Urban charger

72kW urban chargers only have physical space on the post for one cable, so we won't see urban SCs in Australia (or Europe, NZ, etc) where dual cables are required. Not until they decide to move to a single cable only (CCS2?), at least.

• Informative
Reactions: rohan_aus and Kayto
72kW urban chargers only have physical space on the post for one cable, so we won't see urban SCs in Australia (or Europe, NZ, etc) where dual cables are required. Not until they decide to move to a single cable only (CCS2?), at least.

Could always have cable on both sides like the Tritium design.
And presumably modified S/X can take the CCS2 with adapter (agreed not ideal), mad I can't imagine it's too long before Tesla goes CCS2 in Europe/Aus for all models

What's really interesting is if you look at the delivery address on that docket (17 Business Park Drive, Ravenhall, Vic) then look on street view... and zoom in...

Google Maps

View attachment 539168

View attachment 539170
I've seen posts ages ago about this location, it's just a freight logistics company that work for Tesla and they keep some of the temp supercharger sleds stored there. You'll also notice a Model X on google maps next to those sleds wrapped in white plastic, maybe one that was damaged and is there for storage?

Could always have cable on both sides like the Tritium design.

I don't think there's physically space for two cables?

b387iyfl2vh21.jpg

And presumably modified S/X can take the CCS2 with adapter (agreed not ideal), mad I can't imagine it's too long before Tesla goes CCS2 in Europe/Aus for all models

Very likely to happen. Will need a redesign because of the existing tail light size being too small, but is inevitable. Even now I'm surprised they don't include the adaptor as standard with all new S/X sales.

I don't think there's physically space for two cables?

b387iyfl2vh21.jpg

Very likely to happen. Will need a redesign because of the existing tail light size being too small, but is inevitable. Even now I'm surprised they don't include the adaptor as standard with all new S/X sales.
All new S/X come with the adapter as standard:
"TThe CCS Combo 2 Adaptor is included with all new Model S & X vehicles. This can be used with compatible CCS Combo 2 charging stations."

Source:
Home Charging Installation

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
That carton looks suspiciously charging stall sized! Would either 5 or ten of them fit on a pallet? That is 2 per carton? In which case they simply have not removed the shipping docket and the other 8 are going in elsewhere?
Maybe the original 10 were delivered to sydney, and only 8 were installed. These could be the last two, still in their original packaging?