Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, GA

ChrisC

see signature
Apr 27, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Looks like the white transformer is there too. Hope to see it coming online soon 😊
The smaller white cabinet next to the Tesla cabinets? That's likely switchgear. The transformer is usually bigger and dark green.

Those above-ground raceways are worrisome, asking for trouble IMO.

Reactions: RTPEV

Big Earl

bnkwupt
Jul 12, 2017
Springfield, VA
A set of 8 prefab units was just installed in ~2 weeks in Beaver, UT as an expansion to the existing 8 units. Definitely not the same as what's in Madison, GA. Supercharger - Beaver, UT

That said, the installation in Madison does appear to be more straight forward, less expensive and less labor intensive than trenching and burying conduit. If this method of installation continues, it should help accelerate construction and minimize cost. Personally, I think it's unattractive to have all of those cable trays exposed, but it's a small trade-off for several added benefits.

Reactions: PStewart

windgrins

Buzzy Bee
Dec 16, 2015
Atlanta, GA
PXL_20210415_152138560.jpg
Madison as of 4/15/21

windgrins

Buzzy Bee
Dec 16, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Oh man, I'm going to be in that area next week for a wedding and will be charging with a wall charger at the house I'm staying at. This would be great if it finished sooner.
It looks finished but who knows? Maybe it just needs final checkouts. The remaining under construction, but unopened SCs in GA both look finished so we should have the Madison and Douglasville stations on line pretty soon. Supposedly Columbus went on line last week.

I would be interested in anybody seeing any progress on the Dublin, GA SC.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC