Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you @Purplehayes ! Were there more pedestals behind that trailer, or was it just those eight?

Since there are only two cabinets, my guess would be that the aren't additional pedestals behind the trailer. Also, time to update the location pin on supercharge.info. The correct location is 33.55807, -83.47386.

@Chuq @MarcoRP

1616867911956.png

He also posted that and two other photos to Plugshare. Note the very odd raceways, above ground, to contain the feeder cables. I guess they weren't allowed to trench at this site?

I don't see a utility transformer anywhere, so this may still take a while to go online.

A set of 8 prefab units was just installed in ~2 weeks in Beaver, UT as an expansion to the existing 8 units. Definitely not the same as what's in Madison, GA. Supercharger - Beaver, UT

That said, the installation in Madison does appear to be more straight forward, less expensive and less labor intensive than trenching and burying conduit. If this method of installation continues, it should help accelerate construction and minimize cost. Personally, I think it's unattractive to have all of those cable trays exposed, but it's a small trade-off for several added benefits.

Reactions: PStewart