Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D589D3A6-1D20-493B-BCFD-D01620F12844.jpeg

The waiting is the hardest part.

How long did you stay above 200 kW?

I didn’t take notes... although I now wish that I had! It wasn’t very long, and it started tapering back down almost immediately after hitting 225kw, hence my picture only showing 221kw, but filling the bottom third-ish of the battery definitely happened noticeably quicker than before. As they roll out more V3 superchargers more closely together, I think driving for 90ish minutes and topping up is going to be increasingly attractive for longer trips.

Reactions: theflyer
I didn’t take notes... although I now wish that I had! It wasn’t very long, and it started tapering back down almost immediately after hitting 225kw, hence my picture only showing 221kw, but filling the bottom third-ish of the battery definitely happened noticeably quicker than before. As they roll out more V3 superchargers more closely together, I think driving for 90ish minutes and topping up is going to be increasingly attractive for longer trips.
With so many superchargers now, that is already part of my bag of tricks. I often drive on the bottom 40% of my battery stopping quickly for a jolt of electrons and do it again. Then, when I'm ready for a longer stop, I'll eat and sleep a bit and get a full charge. The downside of this approach is that it is hard to leave room for serendipity as you cannot afford to divert course since you have so little margin. Therefore, I really only use when I'm alone and have a need to cover as much distance as possible in as short a period of time as possible.

@bmah Would you mind updating the title of this thread to "Supercharger - Madison, VA"?

Just did one better and merged the two threads discussing this Supercharger location.

In the future, I'd kinda prefer that for this kind of request, people should report some post in a thread rather than tagging me...that way any moderator can handle it (this isn't one of my usual areas in TMC).

Bruce.