Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, WI - Whitney Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I am really interested in when this is getting done / if there is any way to confirm it is going to be built at the Hy-Vee. Do any of you know if this was, ( coming 2019 ) and it got pushed back to 2020?

I have some additional information on this Tesla charging station.

I called the Hy-Vee where this supercharger is supposed to be installed. The gentleman that I talked to informed me that due to Covid-19 the installation might be postponed until next year.. I guess we will have to wait and see if this is the case or Tesla decides to do a "Contact less" construction.

• Funny
Reactions: SilverMonk
I will use this supercharger too. West of madison the charging options aren't great. The single Chademo at Mineral Point isn't even reliable enough to be listed on Greenlots app. Needing to buy the Chademo adapter to primarily use on a single unreliable station is not an attractive option.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and MarcoRP
More Madison news...

Madison Gas and Electric plans to build a 16-stall electric vehicle charging station this spring on Madison's Near East Side.

Approved by the city earlier this fall, the station at East Washington Avenue and Livingston Street will include eight Tesla chargers and eight generic DC fast chargers, which can charge a car battery in about 20 minutes.

MGE says the station will serve EV drivers in the Downtown area who don’t have easy access to charging stations at home or work, as well as for taxi and shared ride services, while supporting redevelopment of the East Washington corridor.

Per conversation with an MG&E employee, construction penciled in for Spring 2021 but there are a number of moving parts at this point so stay tuned.