Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madoc, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to the Tesla Owner's club meeting in Concord Ont on Thurs 17 Nov and raised the issue of Madoc coming online with the head of Tesla Superchargers for Ontario. His reply was that Tesla wanted this online just as much as anyone, however, he was not at liberty to discuss the issues keeping Madoc going online. He put out that Tesla was looking for new Supercharger sites and a web page was set up for Tesla owners to vote. I have visions of having lunch inside the Subway while my Model S fills up!
20221117_Madoc.jpg
Supercharger Voting | Tesla Canada

• Informative
Reactions: Mayoo and navguy12
Went to the Tesla Owner's club meeting in Concord Ont on Thurs 17 Nov and raised the issue of Madoc coming online with the head of Tesla Superchargers for Ontario. His reply was that Tesla wanted this online just as much as anyone, however, he was not at liberty to discuss the issues keeping Madoc going online. He put out that Tesla was looking for new Supercharger sites and a web page was set up for Tesla owners to vote. I have visions of having lunch inside the Subway while my Model S fills up! View attachment 876535 Supercharger Voting | Tesla Canada
Was anything said about Bracebridge and Port Severn? Construction at Port Severn started 5 months ago.

Was anything said about Bracebridge and Port Severn? Construction at Port Severn started 5 months ago.
The Tesla Exec in charge of administering Superchargers gave the same answer to all questions relating to Supercharging locations "We can't tell you anything, nor give an estimate when any particular supercharger will go online, but we are working as hard as we can to make it happen" I am sure this crew have all sorts of issues that need to be sorted out - power, finding a place close to major routes, permitting, costs, meeting municipal zoning requirements, ensuring that snow plows can clear Superchargers area in the fiercest of snow storms and the list goes on. Interestingly he mentioned that an 8-stall V3 Supercharger has enough power available that it would meet the power requirements of a Walmart Supercentre. Hard to do in some parts of rural Ontario.

Finally! Going to GTA in the next two weeks and I am going to have one of those Subway sandwiches while I watch my Model S being charged. No doubt my teenage son will go across the street to Mcdonald's. This is right on Highway 7 cutting 30 minutes off the Toronto - Ottawa drive. For those in Kanata and Stittsville actually a faster route than the 401-416 route, and for those who are not - slightly longer but I would argue more scenic.

Finally! Going to GTA in the next two weeks and I am going to have one of those Subway sandwiches while I watch my Model S being charged. No doubt my teenage son will go across the street to Mcdonald's. This is right on Highway 7 cutting 30 minutes off the Toronto - Ottawa drive. For those in Kanata and Stittsville actually a faster route than the 401-416 route, and for those who are not - slightly longer but I would argue more scenic.

Yes ! Last November, we did this drive from Caledon to Ottawa via 407/115/HWY7 in my 2019 SR+. Stopped at Peterborough and Perth. This is definitely a nice add-on !

Reactions: Smytty and navguy12
Absolutely! I do a trip a few times a year from Kanata to Cambridge and back, and Hwy 7 is heavenly compared to the 416/401. It’s a way more scenic and more relaxing drive. Especially if you have the acceleration to not be stuck behind an RV for 30mins. 😁

Now with Madoc open, there are more options for supercharging when it makes the most sense.

If only the 407 was free…

Absolutely! I do a trip a few times a year from Kanata to Cambridge and back, and Hwy 7 is heavenly compared to the 416/401. It’s a way more scenic and more relaxing drive. Especially if you have the acceleration to not be stuck behind an RV for 30mins. 😁

Now with Madoc open, there are more options for supercharging when it makes the most sense.

If only the 407 was free…
Just watch out for the speed traps when there is a passing lane (two lanes heading in your particular direction).

The first/last passing lane section EAST of Peterborough is particularly reliable for a speed trap; and with the ridiculously low 80 kph posted limit on Hwy 7, it takes a mere moment to be well above 50 kph* over the posted limit whilst passing on those passing lane sections.

*For our global audience: in Ontario, if you are clocked at 50 kph over the posted limit, the province takes away your drivers license AND your car AT THAT PLACE and TIME. Yes, you can have your day in court, but you will have to bum a ride from someone just to carry on your journey.

Reactions: Firstonblock
Just watch out for the speed traps when there is a passing lane (two lanes heading in your particular direction).

The first/last passing lane section EAST of Peterborough is particularly reliable for a speed trap; and with the ridiculously low 80 kph posted limit on Hwy 7, it takes a mere moment to be well above 50 kph* over the posted limit whilst passing on those passing lane sections.

Fantastic that this is online, makes HW7 a breeze year round.

The one downside to the route is that speed limit, and the fact that many many people seem to ignore it and go well over 100. Unfortunately the one time I joined them I got a ticket, so I tend to stay around 95-100 now even thought it inevitably leads to some tailgaters and idiots. The bummer is that Autopilot maxes out at 90 because of the 80 limit, unless I'm doing something wrong, so you actually have to drive!

Reactions: navguy12
Fantastic that this is online, makes HW7 a breeze year round.

The one downside to the route is that speed limit, and the fact that many many people seem to ignore it and go well over 100. Unfortunately the one time I joined them I got a ticket, so I tend to stay around 95-100 now even thought it inevitably leads to some tailgaters and idiots. The bummer is that Autopilot maxes out at 90 because of the 80 limit, unless I'm doing something wrong, so you actually have to drive!
Pretty much every 80kph speed limit country road in southern Ontario has the same phenomenon. I'm sitting there in Autopilot cruising at 88kph (55mph is my max AP limit) and getting politely tailgated by half of Canada. They should obviously just increase the speed limit to at least 90.

Pretty much every 80kph speed limit country road in southern Ontario has the same phenomenon. I'm sitting there in Autopilot cruising at 88kph (55mph is my max AP limit) and getting politely tailgated by half of Canada. They should obviously just increase the speed limit to at least 90.

We tend to lower speed limits when that happens.

Police tend to only ticket people when 20 over the limit.