Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madras, OR (LIVE Jul 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll give you Mitchell if you give me Lakeview, OR. :) That would allow going from Klamath Falls to Winnemucca without going south to Reno. Selfishly, I'd rather it be closer to the halfway mark between Klamath Falls and Winnemucca, but I figure from Tesla's point of view, Lakeview is better being at the intersection of routes 140 and 395, serving both.
Speaking of US-395, it seems much more likely that they would put a supercharger in Mount Vernon (or maybe John Day) than Mitchell for that very reason. A supercharger there and in Colville, WA are the only two remaining to "complete" the entire highway from the Canadian border to the Mexican border.

Reactions: 3'sterly and Raleel
Is 140 a good road? curious now that i know these "other" routes exist.
It's OK. If you use Google Maps to plan a route from the Klamath Falls Supercharger to the one in Winnemucca, it'll take you on 140, which is faster than going south to Reno and back up to Winnemucca. But it's like 307 miles, if memory serves, and that's cutting it too close for my comfort without a charge in between.

@acarney posted this in the Boardman thread. Blackstone has put in a OneCall for this Supercharger.

1652819378851.png

Just picked up a pizza and the contractors have been busy! But I see I’m not the first to post about this! Also, seems like they put them one row over to the north from what was indicated on the designs (which is a bit more congested)?

Not updated on supercharge.info yet

Attachments

• 6EC1CF46-86DC-419D-A6D8-AF6761436AFF.jpeg
    6EC1CF46-86DC-419D-A6D8-AF6761436AFF.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 74
  • D0F03390-361B-457A-950B-5C4B1020F74F.jpeg
    D0F03390-361B-457A-950B-5C4B1020F74F.jpeg
    777.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 01E8FAF3-88DE-4F2A-8676-F7FC85F05159.jpeg
    01E8FAF3-88DE-4F2A-8676-F7FC85F05159.jpeg
    612 KB · Views: 74
Just picked up a pizza and the contractors have been busy! But I see I’m not the first to post about this! Also, seems like they put them one row over to the north from what was indicated on the designs (which is a bit more congested)?

Not updated on supercharge.info yet
They are straight out from pizza hut, as per the designs. In the driveway to the left correct? As per the plans Marco posted.

They are straight out from pizza hut, as per the designs. In the driveway to the left correct? As per the plans Marco posted.
I didn’t look at the plans, but recalled reading a reference to the liquor store which would be south one lane, but sure you are right. Usually these chargers are off to a quiet edge in parking lots. This is front and center to the ingress/egress.

So is Troutdale. So is Hood River. could be an Oregon thing, ha.

These both have a very busy ingress to the lots in which they sit.

Especially if you have to back in to charge. Oh, wait, that's most all Tesla vehicles.

More Superchargers, Please, but slightly better locating, Tesla.

Yeah, the CHAdeMO spot has been down two of the four chargers for 2 months too! Last time I went through there a Rivian was just unplugging next to a Bolt and I got to charge right away (Phew). I’ve been driving electric through Madras for five years and have been thankful for the CHAdeMO but been eagerly awaiting the “coming son” supercharger!

Reactions: bruce4000
Thanks for the updates and pictures. I am VERY EXCITED for this supercharger as I routinely travel from Portland area to Madras area. Soon no more 43kw max CHADEMO adapting at the Chamber of Commerce!
It's a huge deal! I bet this site will be packed with a line on July 4th weekend (hope it is opened by then!) Although it is not my thing or business, it would be a great place for a coffee/food truck stand ("Cafe recharge" "VoltCoffee" "LithiumLatte" or something!)