Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madras, OR (LIVE Jul 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually tried to charge. Nothing. As expected - it needs a transformer. Sunday about 3 pm.

Attachments

• 1656297234189.jpeg
    1656297234189.jpeg
    669.3 KB · Views: 128
I don’t think I’ve ever used a curb parking bumper as a stop. I’ve driven many lowered cars and it’s ingrained in me to steer clear.
Also, there are loads of superchargers that don't have them (I'm charging at one right now). So it shouldn't be something we track in terms of determining whether the supercharger will open soon. Unless of course we see the parking stops lying around near the construction site.

Reactions: JamesBond
So bizarre that they leave it wide open and accessible, with no sign or tape or anything, almost as if they're trying to trick people into attempting a charge.
I'm wondering if they left the covers on the chargers, but people stole them. That would be my guess as to what happened. I wouldn't have stolen one, but I would have been sorely tempted to have a cool "Tesla" cover like that! Seriously...

So bizarre that they leave it wide open and accessible, with no sign or tape or anything, almost as if they're trying to trick people into attempting a charge.
Tesla is fully committed to their own product ecosystem. Superchargers that are active are shown in the car's navigation system and that's how they expect Tesla owners to find them. Conversely, not yet activated sites are not on the car's navigation and Tesla considers that sufficient indication to owners that the site isn't active yet.

I'm wondering if they left the covers on the chargers, but people stole them. That would be my guess as to what happened. I wouldn't have stolen one, but I would have been sorely tempted to have a cool "Tesla" cover like that! Seriously...
I could see cutting head and arm holes and going to a costume party...

Now we need one in John Day
Oh yeah! I was in John Day 5 years ago for the solar eclipse (my first road trip in my brand new X). Did a bunch of National Parks on the way from the Bay Area to Mount St Helens and Portland. I could charge in Bend and get to John Day. But not enough juice to get to The Dalles supercharger. No problem: the Chamber of Commerce had a destination charger (quite progressive for 5 years ago!). I was expecting a lot of people so had a plan B and plan C (involving charging at RV parks and I had all the necessary cables/converters...). And indeed, there were 2 other Teslas in town. And one was already charging). No problem: left my contact info on their windshield and we all devised a charging schedule so everybody could get home. Wonder how that would work today...