Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Magog, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from Roulez Électrique site:

Des Superchargers à Magog au printemps prochain! | Roulez Electrique

Translation:

Building an eight superchargers station in Magog by the end of spring 2016 was announced in an article in the weekly the corner - The Cape Breton! Magog is located in the strategic axis Montreal-Boston Highway 10. Superchargers will be installed at Carrefour Global Health (CSG) and work should begin in May. The commissioning is expected before next summer.
At the unveiling of the Model 3, Elon Musk announced that Tesla will double the number of Superchargers within 2 years. It is expected that other sites Superchargers are announced in Quebec over the coming months.

Great article announcing the upcoming SuperCharger:

Voiture électrique: Tesla investit 1 M$ à Magog - Économie - Le Reflet du Lac

Last edited:
Awesome news! There's been discussion about the necessity of a Supercharger in Magog in here, and I had also written to Tesla requesting a Magog Supercharger in order for me to be able to travel with my would-be Model S to the Eastern Townships.

Well now this is compelling...

This is great news! I will plan on using it to get to the Augusta, Maine supercharger and from there to the Maritimes. I would probably prefer to use the route through Riviere du Loup because the highways are so good but I have pretty well given up hope for that one to be built after a year of waiting. I used Plugshare to distance the R du Loup to Moncton route versus the Augusta to Moncton route and they are absolutely identical in km.

I don't quite understand the need for a SC at Brossard. For Montreal residents going south you have Magog, for west the Cornwall SC, and east the Drummondville SC and dare I dream the Riviere du Loup SC. This also goes for Quebec Tesla owners. In the long term, AFTER these essential SC's needed for longer distances, then by all means fill in the spaces in between as more Teslas are on the road.

The current purpose of SC's in lower volume areas (ie - Montreal doesn't have the same density of Teslas as Silicon Valley or LA) is for long distance travel. Brossard/Dix30 doesn't make sense right now given the other needs. Not that I would mind - my parents run their business out of Dix30 and my dad and I will both be owners of a Model 3, if not a Model S sooner than later.

Though they could use some destination chargers at Dix30. Ones that aren't for Alt Hotel guests.

In winter, I have found that it is not feasible for an 85kwh car to get from/to Ottawa to/from Drummondville without charging.

I believe that a Dix30 supercharger might get clogged with local residents and that a supercharger at the junction of the 40 and 30 in Vaudreuil-Dorion might better facilitate long-distance travel than a supercharger in Brossard.

Wherever it may be, an SC in the greater Montreal region must happen. I cannot believe there is only a two-stall SC available in the most densely populated area (+/- 3M population) of the province where half of the electric cars in Canada are plated.

Nevermind all the Model S taxis being added to the fleets in MTL with Teo Taxi or now even Taxi Diamond.

MTL-Ferrier is a great place for a service center but not for a Supercharger, not with the semi-constant congestion around the Décarie Circle.

I'm gonna hazard a guess that it's been a little hard to construct a "real" supercharger in Quebec due to construction issues, the not-so-good weather, labour laws, etc. Who knows - it just seems like maybe Tesla is having trouble getting stuff done in Quebec. Lots of barriers to entry.

• Disagree
Reactions: hydro and Buzzz
Here it is guys... C'est parti!

Ready in 4 weeks apparently.

image1-4.JPG
image2.JPG