Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - Magog, Qc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a pic from today... stalls are installed, but no cables to plug in yet.
Ben

PS: sorry Bertrand... we'll have to wait a few more days before we enjoy supercharging here! ;)

IMG_1811.JPG

Hi Ben,

I agree that it won't happen. You actually saw me this morning go through to see the state of things. I'll be going through Drummondville to go back home today because of this.

Hopefully it will be up this week anyway.

It's the first time I see the Chargers up without their cables... That was really weird. We should start a rumour that this is the first Supercharger with beamed electricity or induction... Hehehe.

They are currently putting in trees and sod to make it longer k nice again.

Regards,

Bertrand

The Electric Circuit is advising customers that their (L2 and CHAdeMO/CCS) charging stations at this site will be down from 6 am to 7 am on June 6th or 7th for "scheduled city work."

Could this be taking the site offline to allow the Superchargers to be energized?

Now they're showing different dates.

Service interruptions are scheduled on June 10 or June 13 from 6:00 AM to 7:00 AM on all charging stations located at the Carrefour Santé Globale in Magog. Thank you for your understanding.

This is Friday or Monday.

I really hope so. I plan on using this SC to get to Nova Scotia via the Augusta, Maine SC in a few weeks time. (since the all Canadian route via Riviere du Loup is still just a pipe dream, sigh) I have a ChaDeMo adaptor, so I will still be passing through and will have a look at the site while I charge a few feet away, if it is not up and going.

What is your plan for charging after Augusta?
Last year while in N.S. I took in a concert in Camden, Maine. I used the ChaDeMo at Darling's Nissan in Bangor both coming and going. They were very friendly. Then I used the SunCountry Highway chargers in Saint Stephen and Moncton and Sackville, N.B. And the ChaDeMo in Truro at the MicMac Centre. Timed them for meals and breaks and enjoyed the trip.

Basically figure on doing about the same and depending on the time of day, will stay overnight at one of the hotels with chargers. Last year left for the east coast from Ottawa because I was there at a conference and went via Riviere du Loup because the Augusta SC was not available then and stayed overnight at the hotel in Frederickton downtown that has a charger.

Do the SunCountry chargers need any kind of adapter? I'm planning a trip to Manitoba, Saskatchewan and BC using SunCountry.

They do, but it's this adapter that comes with new cars in the black bag :

Tesla — SAE J1772

Depending on where you're going in Saskatchewan and B.C., a CHAdeMO adapter could be handy too, but it doesn't come with the vehicle and is relatively expensive.

They do, but it's this adapter that comes with new cars in the black bag :

Tesla — SAE J1772

Depending on where you're going in Saskatchewan and B.C., a CHAdeMO adapter could be handy too, but it doesn't come with the vehicle and is relatively expensive.

Thanks RiverBrick - that's very helpful. I have a CHAdeMO adapter (used once in Pennsylvania before Harrisburg opened), so maybe I'll get to use it again.