Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mahwah, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

8 V3 stalls at 280 Route 17 S in Mahwah NJ

Mahwah.jpg

Mahwah1.jpg

Mahwah, NJ

Along Primary Interstates: I-87N
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-202
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-287
Along State Routes: NJ-17

I-87N

To: Newburgh, NY - 35.4 miles
Diversion: 6.5 miles
To: New Paltz, NY - 50.9 miles

US-202 (following the highway)

To: Yorktown Heights, NY - 36.7 miles
Diversion: 3.1 miles
To: Brewster, NY - 56 miles

To: Woodcliff Lake, NJ (NJ-17, l) - 7.7 miles
To : Paramus, NJ (NJ-17) - 12 miles
To: Moosic, PA (NJ-17, I-287, I-87, US-6, I-84, I-81) - 114.7 miles
To: Middletown, NY (NJ-17, I-287, I-87, NY-17) - 38.3 miles

A bit odd to an outside, it's on NJ-17 but with no northbound access, so would be an inconvenient location. But perhaps that could be a good thing for locals or those visiting the area southbound.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
The Paramus charger (12 mi south) is northbound-only, so adding something southbound-only makes sense. Being at a QuikCheck makes even more sense as the Paramus charger is at the Tesla repair/delivery center. I'd prefer the QuikCheck location and would likely use that one when going down to Paramus (or coming back).

I think there's a U-turn north bound just North of here, not sure if there's access to the local road to head back to exit
Agree.
Looking on map there definitely seems to be decent northbound access. Not as easy as the south.

But this is a great location for nyc area to upstate ny drives. Especially as the Paramus one sucks so much!

This together with the one a bit further south at 80/17/gsp intersection would make this drive much easier.

So I just drove by this location today- and I popped into the parking lot to see what's going on... the answer:
Nothing.
There is absolutely nothing going on there, not even the delivery of stuff. So I would say the Tesla Supercharger map of Q4 2021 is a bit off.. Honestly knowing how the supercharger was installed in my town- this is a Q2 2022 if we're lucky.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
So I just drove by this location today- and I popped into the parking lot to see what's going on... the answer:
Nothing.
There is absolutely nothing going on there, not even the delivery of stuff. So I would say the Tesla Supercharger map of Q4 2021 is a bit off.. Honestly knowing how the supercharger was installed in my town- this is a Q2 2022 if we're lucky.
I passed by recently and also saw no activity. Was the Fishkill installation done with the prefab Superchargers that are already on concrete bases? I read that installation of the prefabs are incredibly quick once the power gets run to the site.

I don't think so. If I recall the cement was there without any superchargers for quite a while (like 1.5 months). Just tubes and wires sticking out of the cement.

Then in a blink it was all setup- no more fence, but still not on. Near the transformers there was a large tube that would eventually be connected to a large switch (it looks like)... and it was like that for 3 weeks- and then - boom on. That's what I recall- and it was perfect timing for me too... 2ish months later I got my MY- though the only time I used the supercharger in my town was to practice supercharging before my first road trip- didn't want to just discover how it feels/sounds/works while I was 250 miles away from home :).

Reactions: ScottNY
I swung by yesterday and there is still no sign of any work starting yet. They’re way passed the Q4 2021 estimated completion target. Maybe the permit paperwork had a typo and instead meant Q4 2022? LOL JK. But I would be curious how often Tesla is “late” in completing these SC locations.

I swung by yesterday and there is still no sign of any work starting yet. They’re way passed the Q4 2021 estimated completion target. Maybe the permit paperwork had a typo and instead meant Q4 2022? LOL JK. But I would be curious how often Tesla is “late” in completing these SC locations.

I would say Very Late is the new normal over the last 3 years.

When I first saw this location listed on Tesla's website, the due date was 2021 Q4. A couple months ago, I believe it said 2022 Q3. Now it's listed as 2023 Q1 so they are updating their website. I have no idea if these delays are due to Tesla or completely out of their control and due to the local permitting process or perhaps supply chain issues outside of Tesla.

When I first saw this location listed on Tesla's website, the due date was 2021 Q4. A couple months ago, I believe it said 2022 Q3. Now it's listed as 2023 Q1 so they are updating their website. I have no idea if these delays are due to Tesla or completely out of their control and due to the local permitting process or perhaps supply chain issues outside of Tesla.
I'm sure its NOT tesla. They have plenty of money and will.

It's either govt, those idiots we pay and vote for suck. Everything takes forever.

Or more likely, something or other is made in china and is locked up, together with the 30million ppl in Shanghai.