TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Maintenance / Cleaning

Discussion in 'Charging Standards and Infrastructure' started by RubberToe, Jul 22, 2018.

1. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

#1 RubberToe, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    I passed through Baker twice this weekend going to Vegas and back. The Supercharger cabinets there really attract the birds for some reason. Anybody know how often the Superchargers get power washed to get rid of this stuff? Good thing the handles are at least protected from this. How is the cleaning handled in other parts of the country?

I would think that hosing off the big solar panel canopies occasionally is probably good too given the desert blowing sand and such. The top of that cabinet is not for the faint of heart either. Definitely not a good place to stash your Dairy Queen Dilly Bar while loading your alien fresh jerky into the car... :eek:

RT

[​IMG]

• Funny x 2
  2. suwaneedad

suwaneedad Member

Being in the east, I hike the AT a lot. Fellow hikers maintain the trail. If it weren't for litigation tendencies in the US, interested Tesla users could adopt superchargers near their homes in the same way that hikers adopt sections of the AT near their homes. It'll never happen, but would be a cool concept unique to the "Tesla community." As for pressure-washing the high voltage cabinet, though, I'll leave that to club members more brave than I.

• Informative x 1