Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Malibu, CA - Pacific Coast Highway / Trancas Market (permit, 20 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A permit for 20 stalls has been filed at Trancas Market in Malibu. I'm still reviewing the plans which I'll post soon.

Malibu.jpg

Excellent news! I know this site well, and I expect the stalls will be located in the parking lot just behind the market.
Exactly.

I wasn't actually able to find any plans of the layout, instead just a landscape plan. I've attached the 2 pages from that report (PDF) as well as the side column of the plans (image). Also a Google Map view for reference.

Malibu Map.jpg

Attachments

• Malibu Landscaping Plan.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • Malibu Side Column.jpg
    Malibu Side Column.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Malibu.jpg
    Malibu.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 100
30745 is the address of the postal annex in the lot you highlighted. 30811 is the chevron address across the street to the west. This lot is larger and would be less of an inconvenience to employees and overflow for the center. No permits listed in Malibu’s OnBase system relating to Tesla. Also, no permits for the APN listed for 30745 (4469045003). The APN listed for 30811 (4470012001) shows older permits for both addresses.

Reactions: mociaf9
And now, back to the original Trancas Market post. With the new direction for digging for info from the city, I was able to find some more documents that Marco either missed or weren't available when he first posted. The 20 stalls are going to be split between the two lots. 8 in the overflow lot to the northeast of the market and 12 in the employee lot to the northwest across the street.
1701761968976.png

It appears there were some biological issues with the overflow lot and transformer location with correspondence in July and approval from Biological in September so this site appears to be moving forward. Just need to keep looking for an electrical permit to pop up at the 30745 PCH address in Malibu's On Base under ESD - Street Files/Building Permits.
1701762099949.png

1701762575015.png
@Big Earl @corywright

The supercharge.info team is a little confused as to what’s going on here. Seems there are several locations being discussed in this thread.

Can you provide coordinates and clear instructions on what we need to do?

The supercharge.info team is a little confused as to what’s going on here. Seems there are several locations being discussed in this thread.

Can you provide coordinates and clear instructions on what we need to do?
Posts #10 thru #23 should be moved to a new thread titled Suoercharger - Malibu, CA - Cross Creek Ranch. The site address is 23465 Civic Center Way. Coordinates would only be a guess since it would be from a drawing overlaid ona sat image that doesn’t show construction. Someone will need to visit and walk around to see if they can tag it. This is my best guess. This site is under construction/complete per the realtor photos posted up thread.
1701793360796.png

For this thread, Trancas Market, there will be two separate chargers installed, one in each lot. See the image in post #24. This site is still in permitting (appears to have passed all reviews but hasn’t been issued).

8 stalls here at 30745 PCH (dropped pin at transformer since there will be six stalls around that curve and then 2 ada near the current crosswalk.
1701793487921.png

And 12 stalls here at 30811 PCH, 4 to the left and 8 to the right of the entrance.
1701793644146.png

Posts #10 thru #23 should be moved to a new thread titled Suoercharger - Malibu, CA - Cross Creek Ranch. The site address is 23465 Civic Center Way. Coordinates would only be a guess since it would be from a drawing overlaid ona sat image that doesn’t show construction. Someone will need to visit and walk around to see if they can tag it. This is my best guess. This site is under construction/complete per the realtor photos posted up thread.
View attachment 996614

For this thread, Trancas Market, there will be two separate chargers installed, one in each lot. See the image in post #24. This site is still in permitting (appears to have passed all reviews but hasn’t been issued).

8 stalls here at 30745 PCH (dropped pin at transformer since there will be six stalls around that curve and then 2 ada near the current crosswalk.
View attachment 996615

And 12 stalls here at 30811 PCH, 4 to the left and 8 to the right of the entrance.
View attachment 996617
Great Explanation. I was confused as well.

View attachment 996614

View attachment 996615

View attachment 996617
Thanks, @Mrbrock.

@bmah, can you do the thread split for us, as described above? One adjustment, the name should be Malibu - Civic Center Way, as per convention.

Thanks, @Mrbrock.

@bmah, can you do the thread split for us, as described above? One adjustment, the name should be Malibu - Civic Center Way, as per convention.
They already have a SC on Civic Center Way that is named after the development and not the street.
1701824392761.png

And the one next door that came later in Malibu Village is just called Malibu, CA. Will be interesting to see how they name this.

Reactions: rayluis1988
For this thread, Trancas Market, there will be two separate chargers installed, one in each lot.

Thanks @Mrbrock, that was a very helpful post.

As these two Trancas Market sites are at different addresses, we've now got two separate permit pins for them. However, considering they are being developed together, we have both locations linked to this same thread. We can adjust this later if necessary.