Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Malibu, CA - Whole Foods and the Park (LIVE Jun 2019, 5 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Be aware that one of the 5 stalls is handicapped only and seems always empty. So the supercharger map will always show one stall available which really isn't the case. Tesla should fix this with some additional color coding.
Yes but usually if the stall is in an ADA parking spot, it is indicated as a “use last” parking spot. If not, people would probably still use it, but stay in the car in the spot is needed.

CDB8CD61-E542-4D2E-B73B-E83DF91D1411.jpeg
Blue Bottle coffee has opened making this my favorite SC to sip, sit & sip

Reactions: RubberToe
Living in Glendale we daytrip to Zuma Beach 5-10 times per year. Often we have dinner in the nearby shopping center, so I suspect we will be quasi-local users of that charger on occasion. We did not notice the charger when it went live because we were out of the country all of July so last week was our first time to Zuma this year. We did not notice the chargers on the map last week and we ate elsewhere tonight. We dropped by to check it out ~5:30pm and 3 out of 5 were in use.

As for local owners, yes there are a lot of them. The summer of 2014 was the first time I noticed lots of Teslas on the road, and those Zuma trips were when and where I noticed them. In Burbank/Glendale/Pasadena Teslas became visible daily about two years later.

My experiences there;

The handicapped sign is gone. It was changed, indicating that it is no longer a handicapped spot.

There aren't any painted lines, it's different colored brickwork, some people have a hard time parking accurately. One 3 plugged in was parked incorrectly blocking another charger.

It has been ICE'd, by somebody who put sunshield in their car. Which to me looks like they were parked for a long time there. (uninformed employee who works somewhere there?)

The last 2 times I stopped there, it didn't work for me. The first time I switched chargers, worked fine, the 2nd time one space was ICE'd, no other spaces available. Tesla said they are having issues there.
Had to use nearby alternate charger. Luckily there are at least 4 quite close by. (plugshare is your friend)

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Yup. And here is a photo. 8xV3

View attachment 587024

Also, @treldib, your handle says you’re from Granada Hills, did you notice the new Supercharger going in there?
I did see it! Just in time for us to move to Malibu this week! 6 years of Tesla ownership later, the new GH charger would be less than a mile from our house. To get back on topic, anyone have any guesses where this new V3 Malibu charger will go?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mods this will probably need a new thread but I think I found a new Malibu Supercharger in the EPICLA site. Plans submitted on 07Feb2022, 20 Stalls, 30745 Pacific Coast Highway Malibu CA 90265.

That'd be this thread:

Bruce.