Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Malta, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife’s family used to live off this exit and we stopped at that Stewart’s frequently. Stewart’s have decent food and coffee and good ice cream for a gas station. The area is safe. I believe there is a hotel across the street and the Saratoga attractions are not that far away. Good location for a charger in my opinion.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Malta, NY

Along Primary Interstates: I-87N
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-9
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-87N

To: Queensbury, NY - 24.1 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Chestertown, NY - 50 miles

To: Brattleboro, VT (US-9, NY-9P, NY-CR76, US-4, NY-CR125, NY-67, NY-22, NY-CR102, NY-7-VT-279, VT-9, l) - 83.7 miles
To: Utica, NY (l, NY-CR63, l, NY-67, NY-30, I-90) - 85.1 miles

V3 and density on I-87.

Looks like construction is well underway - thanks to Sid on Tesla Owners Northeast facebook.

1631156335256.png

Yep. I can confirm the chargers however not sure if they work yet.
The "TESLA" lighted lettering at the top isn't on, so they for sure aren't functional yet. It's not a guarantee that the stations work if those lights are on--the charging posts can have electricity without being set up to actually charge vehicles--but when they're off it means that the stalls aren't energized yet.

Any update on this? I’m looking to get an apartment in the area. Aiming for january, but as of now I NEED a garage to charge my car.

If the supercharger is built prior than I can open my options for different apartments.
Just my two cents, but I would strongly recommend finding an apartment with charging either way. You're probably not going to love having to do 100% of your charging at a local Supercharger, and it'll cost you substantially more than home charging too. People can and do get away without home charging, but Superchargers are really mostly meant for long-distance travel and it'll be a much better experience if you have a place to charge at home.

Reactions: windgrins
Stopped in tonight to get some ice cream and saw that the Tesla lights were on. The area was blocked off so i wasn’t able to test. They said they are hopeful to have everything running by thanksgiving (Gas and charging).

• Informative
The area wasn’t blocked off today on my way past and was able to charge (not preconditioned though so not quickly). It isn’t showing up on the map.

The lot looks like it will be paved soon so that may impact the availability in the coming days.

• Informative
Fast charge and super easy. This one is right off I-87, clean bathrooms, picnic tables outside and really good ice cream.

Stewart's is really limited on food, but we found a great deli called Pelligrino Imports 5 min away and got HUGE sandwiches to eat while we charged. Charging was done before we even finished half a sandwich.

Reactions: 101dals