Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manahawkin, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. its only 5 miles from the one in Barnegat. You’d think they would want spread them out more or that one in Barnegat must be jammed.

They are both right off the Garden (not Golden) State parkway.

It would make more sense to put one between Egg Harbor and Cape May in my opinion.

Barnegat supercharger usually only 4 or less cars charging and that is on weekends.
There is a supercharger in Egg Harbor and Cape May Courthouse.
The one in Manahawkin will get the Parkway and Route 72 traffic going to LBI

Coming southbound it's not a big chore to get off at Barnegat and back on the GSP before LBI. It might make more sense to use the new one going northbound from LBI, however. Not sure which side it sits on from memory.

Yes, there is one in Egg Harbor but nothing between there and Cape May on the east side. (I've never visited that one is it in Court House or Cape May?)

good location especially for shore traffic. That target parking lot kinda sucks tho

I wish they would put super chargers at the rest stops along the GSP instead of just off it. I assume there’s a reason why they don’t, I just don’t know what it is.

Coming southbound the exit for LBI stay left and it goes directly to Target.
It is an easy-on-easy off process. Coming out of Target there is a lane for 72 East to LBI
The supercharger is in Cape May Courthouse, its own community. I believe it is at a supermarket.
The one in Cape May Courthouse is at a shopping center, with an Acme Supermarket and other restaurants and shops. It is very busy, often with 4-5 of the 8 stalls filled. It's a 3-5 minute drive from the Parkway.

Was at Target yesterday and took some pictures of the construction. There wasn't anyone working on it at the time but it looks like it's coming along nicely.
IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_1182.jpeg
IMG_1183.jpeg
IMG_1184.jpeg