Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what rate is being charged at this location?
I'm 2 weeks away from my M3 delivery and am curious.
I'm not sure if I'd ever use it since its only 12 miles from home but for a quick top off.
Go to Supercharging and select CT (or any other state). CT is $0.26/min > 60kW and $0.13/min <= 60kW. Charging at 60kW, that's 1kWh/min, or $0.13/kWh.

We charged here on Monday afternoon, July 9, on our way back to Dedham (MA) from Philadelphia, and found the facility completely empty except for ourselves. The mall traffic was not a problem (contrary to my earlier visit on a Saturday afternoon in January).
It is not as convenient to find bathrooms, food, and coffee as some other places are. We decided to walk over to the Starbucks while the car charged, despite the 93F heat. The walk was helpful as a physical stretch (we had been traveling about 6 hours by then), and it used up some of the time while the car inhaled the kWh.

On our way south, we had stopped in West Hartford instead of here, because it had been raining and we knew we wanted lunch. (There are two burger places somewhat close to the chargers at Manchester, but the restaurant at West Hartford is immediately adjacent to the chargers and we are comfortable with the menu.) Interestingly enough, the West Hartford site was quite busy (5 stalls busy when we arrived, I recall), so it may be that we are not the only ones who either prefer that location or are more familiar
IMG_20180709_154731.jpg
with it.

The existing superchargers are V2's and not V3's. I don't know how busy the site is typically so can't comment personally on how needed an expansion is. Tesla is starting to upgrade existing V2 sites to with V3 stalls in the region, so this isn't totally surprising.