Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They have been pretty quick about building this one. Here is a picture from today of 11 superchargers installed. It is right in front of Joann Fabrics and next to Artisanal Burger Company (Very good burger place) There are 8 large white cabinets, so the 16 stall claim seems spot on.

Attachments

• Manchester-Superchargers.png
    Manchester-Superchargers.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 473
Crap that parking lot is terrible to get into with only the one main entrance in the middle. Will have to leave feedback on PlugShare to drive to the far entrance by Joanne’s. Thanks for the pic, very easy for people to jump on and off, overall good spot.

Visited the site yesterday (Sat 10/14). Looks ready to go - fences are down, supercharger units are up, paving has been blacktopped, white lines repainted. I was able to easily back in to the space and hook up, but the power was not on.

Let's do this thing!

Manchester, CT is awesome for my trips to New Hampshire from NY. Just in case I can't make it to Auburn, or want to skip Auburn on the way home.

In the winter, 84 in CT from Hartford, north to the MA state line, has not always been plowed/treated as quickly as it should be.

It's almost always drive-able, but the state of the road will likely affect your range, regardless of your tire situation.

This SC will help.

In the winter, 84 in CT from Hartford, north to the MA state line, has not always been plowed/treated as quickly as it should be.

It's almost always drive-able, but the state of the road will likely affect your range, regardless of your tire situation.

This SC will help.
Thanks for the tip. A nice set of snow tires will be helpful, but the cold and hills of CT will be a pain.

Thanks for the tip. A nice set of snow tires will be helpful, but the cold and hills of CT will be a pain.

We've run into it a few times on our Christmas journey:

if it's December/early January and something is falling through the sky, northern CT is gonna be a bad time.

Had one trip, took us 6 hours to get from Richmond to Danbury.......and 6 hours to get from Danbury to home. (just outside Worcester at the time).

it was only an 8" snowstorm, but it caught C-DOT completely off-guard.

By the looks of it the Tesla team has spent a lot of capital and man hours on this location because Leominster, MA has been worked on for over 100 days now and not completed....
Rich, let us know when we will have a get together to launch this new SC site !!! I live in Mass so I would have to plan it more than you Conn owners would...

Reactions: CTShore
Is it possible that the 2nd "West Hartford" SC location is this one and they put the wrong location?

Maybe the plans for the second West Hartford Supercharger might have been put on the back burner for now and the website just hasn't been updated to indicate the change. This one is most likely being built instead for now. I think a second West Hartford Supercharger will eventually come to fruition.