Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw that this supercharger is temporarily out of service.
Screenshot_20230910_133615_Tesla.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
V3 makes this a non issue!
Actually, V3 Superchargers do share power across stalls. Each cabinet has a limit and there is some kind of sharing between cabinets as well. They are not nearly as constrained as V2s are, but there are limits that get hit when a V3 site fills to the max. I've seen it discussed in YT videos, but here also is a discussion thread at TMC: V3 Supercharger power systems architecture

Actually, V3 Superchargers do share power across stalls. Each cabinet has a limit and there is some kind of sharing between cabinets as well. They are not nearly as constrained as V2s are, but there are limits that get hit when a V3 site fills to the max. I've seen it discussed in YT videos, but here also is a discussion thread at TMC: V3 Supercharger power systems architecture
DC bus sharing can be implemented between v3 cabinets, but I'm not sure it's always implemented. I think an 8 stall (pre-fab/PSU, and possibly also traditionally built) v3 sites may not always have DC bus sharing. This likely stems from the cost in materials and labor to install it vs. the likelihood of a site actually needing the shared bus for peak charging demands. I think 12+ stall sites probably all have the shared DC bus. It's possible this info just applies to pre-fab units - not sure.

Reactions: Farmer